BOULDER, Colo., Dec. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Backflip Studios, the wildly creative minds behind some of mobile gaming's biggest hits, and Hand Circus, a well-regarded independent mobile game studio, today released the highly anticipated "Seabeard", an epic adventure that dramatically improves the state of mobile gaming.
Available first for iOS devices, the mobile-only game brings an unprecedented level of visual production, with 3D gameplay previously only found on console and PC games; offers immersive discovery reminiscent of Myst, The Sims, and Animal Crossing; and offers a scope of activity recalling classic hits like Club Penguin, Legend of Zelda and Mario 64.
- You have the world in your pocket - The Seabeard world is enormous, alive and always changing. There's a real-time clock, changing weather; it's different every time you dive in.
- It's actually a "game of games" - We've packed so many different activities in that each is big enough to be its own game. And from photography and combat, to cooking and treasure hunting, Seabeard is overflowing with fun things to do.
- Live life at your pace - The world is yours to engage in however you like, whether you prefer laid back fishing or a more intense challenge of combat and sailing.
- Get creative - With so many options to customize and personalize your characters, crewmates and home island, you can really express yourself.
- Play with friends - As you explore the seas and collect treasure, trading with friends and swapping rare items makes finding that hard-to-get object much easier.
This release marks the second major collaboration for Backflip Studios – creators of the hugely successful "Dragonvale", "Spellfall", "NinJump", "Paper Toss" and other mobile titles – in co-developing and distributing a game from another developer.
About Backflip Studios
Backflip Studios develops and publishes absurdly fun mobile games for iOS and Android devices. The company's games have been downloaded more than 300 million times and are played by tens of millions of active users each month. Backflip Studios is the only iOS game developer to receive three Editors Choice awards from the Apple App Store in 2014 and its megahit Spellfall was named to the App Store's Best of 2014. Dragonvale was the #1 Top Grossing iPad app and the #4 Top Grossing iPhone app in 2012. The studio has had games in the top 50 grossing in the App Store for the past three years. Backflip Studios' portfolio of hit franchises includes DragonVale, Paper Toss, NinJump, Spellfall, PlunderNauts, Dwarven Den and Army of Darkness Defense. Based in Boulder, Colorado, the studio is majority owned by Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS). For more information, please visit www.backflipstudios.com.
Download the Game Here - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/seabeard/id913754563?mt=8
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/seabeard-breaks-new-ground-for-mobile-gaming-300008322.html
SOURCE Backflip Studios