CHICAGO, Jan. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ICAP Patent Brokerage, a division of ICAP plc, the world's largest intellectual property brokerage and patent auction firm, is offering for sale a patent portfolio from VectorTag, Inc., covering improved vector-based search techniques delivering faster results with easier computations and superior validity compared to traditional crawler technology.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
This patent portfolio discloses vector mathematics-based techniques for searching files or other content (URL) on the Internet or local networks. Search term vectors and user-context vectors are used in performing a search for information in a similar format in a database, such as website URLs or a filename, returning search results not just based on words only but by the context of the user. The patented technology reduces ambiguity by attaching additional contextual search terms to the user's word search terms and using that robust search term in calculation matches for the user.
The techniques disclosed in this portfolio create for both search users and search providers a more robust search environment than traditional search engines. The method comprises:
- uploading search term text elements over a computer network to a ﬁle server system;
- uploading file descriptor text elements over a computer network to a ﬁle server system;
- assigning a unique vector to all of said text elements, said vectors representing a location for each respective text and element in spatial coordinates;
- determining a degree of separation between respective spatial locations assigned to at least two text elements and typically more text and contextual elements – the degree of separation indicates the similarity or dissimilarity of text and context elements; and
- returning search results to the searcher, wherein the search results include URLs that are spatially located within the acceptable degree of separation, saving the user time in browsing through search results.
This patent portfolio should be of interest to companies or organizations involved in e-commerce, education, career development, social and dating networks, data mining, music and video search, and the Internet search market in general.
About ICAP Patent Brokerage
ICAP Patent Brokerage is a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage and patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's leading interdealer broker and provider of post trade risk and information services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, FX, emerging markets and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. Through our post trade risk and information services we help our customers manage and mitigate risks in their portfolios. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Patent Brokerage