HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., April 4, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- For more than 125 years, Sears has been part of the local fabric of American homes and lives. Today, as part of a new era, Sears announced plans to open three new Home & Life stores in May.
Located in Anchorage, Alaska; Lafayette, Louisiana and Overland Park, Kansas, the new Home & Life stores will offer appliances, mattresses*, home services and connected home products. The stores were developed based on insights from Sears Appliances & Mattresses stores that opened in 2017 in Ft. Collins, Colorado; Pharr, Texas; Honolulu, Hawaii and Camp Hill, Pennsylvania. The store sizes will range in size from 10,000 sq. ft. – 15,000 sq. ft., primarily driven by availability of stores and the needs of the local community.
"The exciting new Sears Home & Life stores will carry power categories where Sears has a real strength: Appliances, mattresses and our home services business," said Peter Boutros, chief brand officer for Sears and Kmart and president of Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard brands. "We are here to serve these communities and this is part of our strategy to maintain a presence in markets where we have right-sized our footprint. Sears Home & Life supports our strategic plan to become a stronger, more profitable business and these test stores will enable us to learn and improve as we move forward," Boutros added.
The Sears Home & Life stores will be dedicated to the following categories:
- Major appliances, including Kenmore® and other leading appliance brands, displayed in kitchen and laundry vignettes.
- Mattresses* that members can try out from top brands, including: Tempur-Pedic®, Beautyrest, Sealy, Serta, Simmons and Stearns & Foster.
- Small kitchen appliances and an assortment of vacuums, floor care and home environment products.
- Connected Home Products – a curated assortment of smart products that are relevant to members, who also will be able to learn how to set up a smart home with reliable appliances that are compatible with Alexa and Google+.
Sears Home & Life stores will offer the power and capability of leading integrated retail services for which Sears is known, including:
- A "Welcome" Service Desk: Members can meet with Home & Life experts to explore how new appliances would look in a full-scale kitchen. Artwork and photos in the stores will include images of the local community.
- Sears Buy Online "Search Bar" Kiosk: Members will have access to the entire Sears ecosystem of products and services offered through the in-store "Search Bar" kiosk, where they will be assisted by a Home & Life expert. Their purchases can be picked up in store or delivered to their home.
- Free Store Pickup on any item purchased on sears.com: Merchandise can also be returned to these stores if purchased on sears.com.
- In-Vehicle Pickup**: Become a Shop Your Way member, shop online or in the Sears app and select in-vehicle pickup. We'll send you an email when your item is ready. Park in a reserved spot at the store and an associate will be out with your order in five minutes or less – guaranteed.
- Sears Home Services: This area will offer appliance repair, parts and accessories, as well as convenient solutions for members to shop replacement parts for any appliance. Members can also consult with experts about their Home Improvement needs and purchase products like windows, roofing, kitchen cabinets, countertops, flooring and more.
*Mattresses not available at the Anchorage, Alaska store.
**In-vehicle pickup available at the Overland Park and Lafayette Home & Life stores.
Sears is a leading integrated retailer providing a wide range of home merchandise, apparel and automotive products and services through Sears-branded and affiliated full-line and specialty retail stores, as well as through Sears.com. Home to some of the most trusted and preferred brands in the U.S., Sears' product offering includes Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard. Sears is part of Shop Your Way, a social shopping program where members can earn points and receive benefits both in stores and online. Sears is the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 6,000 expert technicians who make nearly 11 million service calls annually. For more information, visit the Sears website at www.sears.com.