ARLINGTON, Va., Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In the middle of a long allergy season plagued by dry weather, AllergEase, LLC, conducted a survey of 500 seasonal allergy sufferers to examine the effects of the environment on their personal lives. Highlights are below and an infographic can be found on aedrops.com.
"We asked a mass amount of people some very personal questions while allergy season was in full force," says AllergEase CEO and co-founder, Zeeshan Kaba. "Our lozenges were created with people's lifestyles in mind—they're an all natural alternative to chemically-engineered drugs—and so it was only fitting that we also get to the heart of how dramatically seasonal allergies can affect your life."
Overall, both men and women see their fitness and social lives affected:
- Four out of five seasonal allergy sufferers' said their fitness regimens suffer because they exercise less or their performance isn't as strong.
- Nearly 45 percent of people have turned down social invitations because of their seasonal allergies.
- Approximately one in three respondents said they've had a special day "ruined" because of seasonal allergies.
- Forty percent of seasonal allergy sufferers have had a vacation or getaway negatively affected by seasonal allergies.
Men and women seem to differ in how much they suffer in different situations:
- More than half of men said their job performance has been negatively affected in the past by their seasonal allergies, compared to about 47 percent of women.
- Two in five men have struggled romantically because of seasonal allergies, compared to less than 28 percent of women.
- Twenty two percent of female seasonal allergy sufferers admitted they've "slacked off" while taking care of their children, compared to 10 percent of men.
For complete survey results or media inquiries, please contact [email protected].
About AllergEase: Formulated with ingredients proven to regulate histamine and support the immune system, AllergEase all natural herbal supplements are recommended for ages 12+. Packs of 21 lozenges are available at select retailers for $5.99 or available for purchase online at aedrops.com. Follow us on Twitter at @allergease or find us on Facebook at Facebook.com/allergease.