PHILADELPHIA, April 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Rhone Resch, president and CEO of the Solar Energy Industries Association ® (SEIA®) today addressed the PV America Conference 2011 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia to welcome solar professionals from around the country.
Mr. Resch's speech highlighted solar PV's tremendous growth in 2010, its potential for 2011 and how the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast region is now the largest market for PV in the United States. In total, 878 megawatts (MW) of PV capacity was installed in 2010, more than doubling 2009 installation totals. Read the full text of the speech here: Full Speech.
Growth of Solar Energy in the U.S.
U.S. Solar Market Insight™ Background Materials:
- Executive summary (free): http://www.seia.org/galleries/pdf/SMI-YIR-2010-ES.pdf
- Details on the report: http://www.seia.org/cs/research/SolarInsight
Other Background Materials:
- Solar industry PSA airing nationwide: http://seia.us/gy2i9G
- Solar Generation Road Trip: www.solargenerationusa.org
- 2010 National Solar Jobs Census: http://bit.ly/jobscensus
- Meet some of the faces of the solar industry: http://www.solarworksforamerica.org
- U.S. Solar Energy Trade Assessment 2010 report finds the U.S. is a net exporter of solar products: http://seia.org/cs/news_detail?pressrelease.id=1144
- SEIA Policy Issues: http://www.seia.org/cs/solar_policies
Established in 1974, the Solar Energy Industries Association® is the national trade association of the U.S. solar energy industry. Through advocacy and education, SEIA® is working to build a strong solar industry to power America. As the voice of the industry, SEIA® works with its 1,000 member companies to make solar a mainstream and significant energy source by expanding markets, removing market barriers, strengthening the industry and educating the public on the benefits of solar energy. www.seia.org
SOURCE Solar Energy Industries Association