NEW YORK, Dec. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sense Health, a NYC based healthcare startup, a StartUp Health company and mobile platform which enables healthcare providers to deliver support to their patients in between appointments, today announced a successful first year anniversary. The young company, focused on transforming healthcare, has achieved remarkable success over the last 12-months for first time healthcare entrepreneurs.
The company, founded by Brad Hammonds, Stan Berkow and Paul Biancaniello PhD., saw an unmet need for improved patient support outside of the clinical setting. The group rapidly developed an effective platform that uses mobile care plans to improve patient behavior and compliance between health care visits, which impact overall patient health and outcomes.
"From previous experience we saw significant gaps in patient care between health appointments," said co-founder and business lead Brad Hammonds. "Since health providers have limited time and now need to support people inside and outside the office, they need new ways to do that efficiently and effectively."
A summary of Sense Health's key milestones over the last 12-months include:
- Out of 150 applicants, Sense Health was one of 40 selected to demonstrate at the exclusive demonstration for The Hive @TEDMED 2013, a global platform for innovation breakthroughs
- Winner of a 100K grant through the New York City Economic Development Corp. (NYCEDC) to work with Montefiore Hospital, nationally recognized, academic medical center and University Hospital for Albert Einstein College of Medicine for clinical excellence
- Exclusively selected into the Startup Health Academy three-year accelerator program
- Accepted as one of five finalists for the on-going Merck 're-imagining adherence solutions challenge', winning $20k
- Secured four paying pilot customers in the care management space including: Housing Works, United Bronx Parents, Bailey House and the Aids Council of Northeastern NY.
Included with the Sense Health platform are over 25 customizable care plans and over 1,000 supportive messages that have been created by healthcare experts to support conditions ranging from mental health to post-op shoulder surgery. Their premium content is continuing to expand in the coming months.
About Sense Health:
Sense Health is a healthcare startup that has been helping healthcare providers support their patients in between appointments since December 2012. The Sense Health platform helps time constrained health care providers easily create, deliver and monitor interactive patient support plans called 'scripts'. Scripts are comprised of reminders, educational & motivational content, and check-in questions that are behaviorally structured to help patients better self-manage their health. Through their platform, Sense Health helps health care organizations unlock the reach and support their providers can deliver to their patients.
For more information visit www.sensehealth.com
SOURCE Sense Health