SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif., Aug. 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Did you know that there are more than 2,000 acres of vineyards in Edna Valley and Arroyo Grande wine regions located on the CA Highway 1 Discovery Route? Have you taken the Avila Beach Wine Trail or the Pacific Coast Wine Trail? Or tasted the hand-crafted offerings of Hearst Ranch Winery in San Simeon? Do you know about the award-winning wines of Cambria? If the answers to those question is yes, then you know the region offers the perfect growing climate for delicate grapes - warm sunny days that turn into cool coastal nights. The weather is also perfect for wine tasting adventures and outdoor play! This stretch of Highway 1 is open for business and ready to roam and wine taste! And since September is California Wine Month, this is the perfect time to experience the annual harvest season first hand and enjoy special tastings, festivals, concerts, wine and food offerings along the CA Highway 1 Discovery Route including:
- Edna Valley, where cool ocean breezes and rich soil create ideal conditions for growing world-class grapes.
- Arroyo Grande Valley, the perfect climate for long bike rides and wine tasting among rolling hills.
- Avila Beach & Valley, don't miss the ahh inspiring Avila Beach featuring wine tasting at the beach.
- San Simeon, has so much to offer wine lovers. With views of Hearst Castle and the historic Piedras Blancas Light Station, don't miss the Hearst Ranch Winery Tasting Room, a destination deli serving Hearst Ranch Grass Feed Beef burgers with outdoor seating.
- Cambria, enjoy some fine wines from Cabernet and Zinfandel, to Syrah, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, and more
Wine-centric Activities in Edna Valley, Arroyo Grande Valley, Avila Beach and San Simeon include:
- SLO Wine Country Wineries
- Bike Tours of Edna Valley
- Avila Valley - Tasting by The Beach
- Sip in SLO
- Avila Wine Trail
- The Pacific Coast Wine Trail
- Harvest on the Coast – November 3-4
- Blendfest on the Coast - January
- Roll Out the Barrels - June 20-23
- Central Coast Oyster Festival – July 8
Highway 1 Road Alerts
If you're heading to the Central Coast, be mindful of the stretch of Highway 1, located 21 miles north of Cambria. Please note that Highway 1 is still open from Morro Bay to Ragged Point. For those traveling past Ragged Point, check out these Sights to See Along the Detour.
Be sure to download the SLO Wine map with info on wine tasting, lodging, dining and points of interest in this beautiful and delicious part of the world. For more information, visit www.Highway1DiscoveryRoute.com.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/september-is-california-wine-month-discover-the-award-winning-wines-of-edna-valley-arroyo-grande-avila-beach-cambria-and-san-simeon-along-the-highway-1-discovery-route-300497385.html
SOURCE CA Highway 1 Discovery Route