SEATTLE, June 2 /PRNewswire/ -- ShareBuilder from ING DIRECT USA, one of the nation's largest online brokerages, today announced a significant reduction in trading costs for active investors through its new pricing programs. Starting June 1, ShareBuilder's new Advantage pricing program will reduce trade costs to $7.95 per Real-time trade, a 20 percent savings.
"Lower trading costs and smarter pricing programs mean greater value for ShareBuilder investors. Our new pricing programs are built for both the active and long-term investors who have a do-it-yourself mentality and act like a saver. They want and have asked for more bang for their buck, and that's what we're delivering," said Dan Greenshields, President of ShareBuilder.
To make investing easier and more affordable, ShareBuilder has streamlined its pricing programs from three programs to two – Advantage and Basic. The new Advantage program benefits active investors who make regular Real-time trades and/or Automatic Investments each month.
ShareBuilder estimates that nearly nine in 10 accounts that traded in April 2010 could have saved money with the new Advantage pricing program unveiled today.
For a $12 monthly subscription charge, ShareBuilder's new Advantage program includes:
- $7.95 Real-time trade prices, a 20 percent savings. Pay $7.95 to place Real-time market, limit and stop-loss orders. This is a 20 percent savings on Real-time trade prices compared to the $9.95 Basic program rate.
- 12 Automatic Investments. Receive 12 Automatic Investment trade credits per month and pay only $1 for each additional investment thereafter. ShareBuilder's Automatic Investment Plan allows investors to build their portfolio over time by buying stocks in specific dollar amounts on a weekly, biweekly or monthly basis.
- Lower Option Trade Prices. Trade options for $7.95 per online trade plus $0.75 per contract. Previously, options trading was $1.50 per contract for all ShareBuilder investors.
- Margin Interest Rate Discount. Receive a 0.50 percent discount on ShareBuilder's already competitive current margin rates of 3.95 percent to 6.5 percent.
- Access to More Trading Resources. Gain free access to stock grades and in-depth stock reports, comprehensive analysis and commentary on over 3,000 companies from TheStreet.com.
- Free One Month Trial. Open a new ShareBuilder account and get a free trial of the new Advantage program for one month.
ShareBuilder's Basic program is still available for investors who want to pay-as-you-go. Investors using this program will pay $9.95 per Real-time trade; $4 per Automatic Investment trade; and trade options for $9.95 plus a reduced options contract rate of $1.25. At no additional cost, investors can change pricing programs at any time.
- Compare the ShareBuilder Basic & Advantage pricing programs.
- Find out which pricing program is right for you.
ShareBuilder Securities Corporation is a leading online brokerage for investors who have long-term financial goals. ShareBuilder believes everyone deserves a chance to invest in their future no matter their financial situation or place in life. Whether you are new to investing or already a skilled trader, ShareBuilder makes investing easy. Customers can open an account with no minimum investment, pay low commissions and enjoy no inactivity fees along the way. With ShareBuilder, there are two smart ways to invest: Automatic Investing and Real-time Trading. Customers can select one or both to take control of their financial future. ShareBuilder offers a range of investment products including stocks, exchange-traded funds, mutual funds and retirement solutions.
Securities products are: Not FDIC insured - Not Bank guaranteed - May lose value
SOURCE ING DIRECT USA