NEW YORK and CHICAGO, Feb. 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- She Runs It, a not-for-profit organization that exists to propel women into leadership roles in marketing and media, has selected 26 women to be honored as Working Mothers of the Year for 2017. The women are nominated by their colleagues and winners are selected by the She Runs It Executive Achievements Committee, a panel of judges comprised of senior industry executives.
Winners are selected in three categories – Trailblazer Moms, Established Moms, and New-To-Motherhood Moms – recognizing the unique career challenges and choices that women navigate at various stages of motherhood. The 2017 winners were selected from a total of 250 nominations.
"A big part of our mission is to accentuate the role models who have learned lessons and developed strategies that pave the way for other women in the industry to advance into leadership roles," said Lynn Branigan, President and CEO of She Runs It, the most enduring organization dedicated to advancing women in marketing and media. "The hundreds of pages of nomination forms create a virtual 'how-to' for working moms who achieve success at work and in life. The submissions also give us insight into the policies and practices of companies that make help women pursue leadership roles while raising families."
Trailblazer Moms are categorized as the pioneers of working motherhood. These women began combining work and family at least 18 years ago and have held leadership positions while raising their children. They are known for their desire to mentor those around them and for their contributions to their own communities. The Trailblazer winners are:
- Madelyn Alpert Roberts – Vice President Associate Publisher, Multimedia, Endless Vacation/Story Worldwide
- Sharon Napier – Chief Executive Officer, Partners + Napier
- Marcy Q. Samet - Global Chief Marketing Officer, MRM//McCann
- Barby K. Siegel – Chief Executive Officer, Zeno Group
- Molly Kuehn Watson - Chief Operating Officer, Tierney Communications
Established Moms have an oldest child between the ages of 7 and 17. These women thrive on their busy lives and have positively impacted other working mothers with their skills at achieving work-life balance. As such, they are positive influences and strong role models at work and at home. The Established Mom winners are:
- Patricia Betron – Senior Vice President, Multimedia Sales, ESPN
- Karen Hunt – President, West Coast Region, UM
- Devika Bulchandani - President, McCann XBC & Managing Director, McCann New York
- Bernice Clark – Senior Vice President, Media, Macy's
- Paola Colombo – Senior Vice President, Managing Director, R/GA San Francisco
- Kim Kelleher – Chief Business Officer, Glamour, Allure, Brides, Teen Vogue & SELF
- Elizabeth Lucas-Velez - Media Relations and Crisis Communication Professional
- Anita McGorty - Executive Vice President, Corporate Communications, Publicis Media
- Mari Kim Novak – Chief Marketing Officer, Rubicon Project
- Michal Shapira – Senior Vice President, News Content Partnerships, Turner Ignite
- Tatia Torrey - Chief Client Officer, Havas Chicago
New-to-Motherhood Moms achieve balance in their lives and are strong role models for their associates at work and their children at home. While they are new to motherhood – their children are 6 years or younger – they successfully strive to redefine work-life balance through their innovative approach to careers and family. These winners include:
- Julie Batliner - President, Managing Partner, Carmichael Lynch Relate
- Jacqueline Cox - Senior Vice President, Zeno Group
- Malaika Danovitz - Group Creative Director, mcgarrybowen
- Lori Gitomer – Vice President, Partner Development, The NBCU Content Studio
- Sandi Harari - EVP, Creative Director, BARKER
- Stephanie Latham - US Head of Industry, Automotive, Facebook
- Orli Lewinter – Senior Vice President, Strategy and Social Marketing, 360i
- Karah McGeown – Vice President, Director of Communications, FCB Chicago
- Priscilla Valls – Vice President Vertical Sales, Pandora
- Madison Wharton - Chief Production Officer, DDB New York
The 2017 Working Mothers of the Year will be honored tomorrow, February 28th, during an awards luncheon at Cipriani on 42nd St., New York. Tickets are available here.
About She Runs It
Founded in 1912 as Advertising Women of New York (formerly AWNY), She Runs It exists to pave the way for women to lead at every level of marketing and media. With chapters in New York and Chicago, membership stands at over 1,600 women, men and corporate alliance partners. To learn more about She Runs It, visit Sherunsit.org.
For more information:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/she-runs-it-celebrates-26-leaders-in-marketing-and-media-as-working-mothers-of-the-year-300413665.html
SOURCE She Runs It