MAPLE GROVE, Minn., Aug. 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Sherburne County Sheriff's Office (Elk River, Minn.) has joined forces with GUARDIAN RFID to modernize the way it manages its inmates. This fall, Sherburne Co. Jail is embedding GUARDIAN RFID technology to mitigate risk and improve operational efficiency by:
- Managing, monitoring, and tracking nearly 700 inmates in custody, the second largest detention facility in the Twin Cities metro area by inmate population, by deploying hundreds of GUARDIAN RFID Tags™ and Clincher® X-Wide RFID Wristbands for visual and electronic inmate identification, tracking movements and transports, and automating headcounts and inmate activity logging.
- Deploying SPARTAN™ by GUARDIAN RFID, the ultra-rugged Android device to streamline communication, data collection and information sharing to automate a wide range of inmate management tasks in real-time.
The result for Sherburne Co. will be thousands of dollars in cost and labor savings, per year, while achieving up-to-the-minute operational awareness and collaboration throughout the jail.
"We're always working to better protect our staff and streamline the many responsibilities our officers perform 24 hours a day," said Jail Administrator, Brian Frank. "GUARDIAN RFID gives us a powerful, real-time toolset that our entire staff can fully leverage to more effectively manage our inmate population."
"With GUARDIAN RFID, we're looking forward to improving staff performance at all levels, while making informed decisions that impact safety and security," said Assistant Jail Administrator, Dave Isais.
"Sherburne Co. Sheriff's Office is a forward-thinking law enforcement agency that recognizes the power GUARDIAN RFID + Cloud + Mobile has to deliver real-time operational dominance and comprehensively mitigate risk," said Ken Dalley, President and CEO, GUARDIAN RFID.
Transforming Corrections with RFID + Cloud + Mobile
Hundreds of law enforcement agencies throughout the U.S. rely on GUARDIAN RFID to manage inmates faster, more accurately, and more collaboratively than ever.
- Powerful Mobility: From tracking inmate movements to positive identification headcounts, cell checks, and activity logging, GUARDIAN RFID delivers powerful, easy to use, enterprise mobility with its next-generation Android platform, SPARTAN.
- Operational Awareness from Anywhere: GUARDIAN RFID delivers secure, Cloud-based access to your data that meets and exceeds CJIS requirements.
- Innovation and Integration: GUARDIAN RFID integrates with existing jail management systems to create seamless integration, as well as electronic medical records systems, Microsoft Active Directory, and other third party platforms.
- Fast, Accurate Auto-Identification: GUARDIAN RFID helps safeguard, streamline, and accelerate mission-critical data collection and reporting faster, more durably, and more defensibly. You cannot backlog, modify, photocopy, or deface GUARDIAN RFID Tags like you can QR codes and barcodes.
Integration with Jail Management System
GUARDIAN RFID will integrate with Sherburne County's jail management system from ProPhoenix, a New Jersey-based public safety software company. The integration will enable corrections staff to view inmate profile data, keep separates, and inmate restrictions within GUARDIAN RFID, as well as inmate mugshots, classification levels, and more.
About Sherburne Co. Sheriff's Office
Sherburne County Sheriff's Office (SCSO) is headquartered in Elk River, Minnesota, and provides a wide range of public safety services to the county's 89,0000 residents across 431 square miles. Sherburne Co. Jail operates a 700-bed jail that holds Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detainees, U.S. Marshalls, and local and regional inmates.
About GUARDIAN RFID
GUARDIAN RFID manages, monitors, and tracks inmates in-custody to mitigate risk, maximize defensibility, and strengthen compliance. Endorsed by National Sheriffs' Association.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sherburne-co-sheriffs-office-taps-guardian-rfid-300496312.html
SOURCE GUARDIAN RFID