CLEVELAND, Oct. 27 /PRNewswire/ --
Sherwin-Williams' Global Headquarters Giant 10 Story Banner is Now Installed - Time Lapse Video: 'The Installation' Now Available for Download at https://www.yousendit.com/download/ZGJmTmZmcGtreEN4dnc9PQ
Sherwin-Williams' Global Headquarters Launches an Inspiring Giant 10 Story Banner-one of the nation's largest- Saluting Cleveland and Northeast Ohio
Title: Our Home Since 1866. Our Pride Forever
Paints a Powerful picture why Cleveland and the Northeast Ohio community is one of the best locations in the world!
Contact: Mike Conway Sherwin-Williams Director, Corporate Communications & Investor Relations Direct: 216.515.4393 Cell: 216.978.1074 Pager: 216. 422.3751 firstname.lastname@example.org
Where: Sherwin-Williams Global HQ (101 Prospect Ave. Cleveland, Ohio 44115 Ontario Rd. side of the building)
Who/What: Sherwin-Williams has installed 25,000 square feet of material, into a giant 10 story, 1.3 ton wall banner saluting Cleveland, Northeast Ohio and Sherwin-Williams' 144 year commitment to one of the best locations in the world.
Why: Sherwin-Williams Chairman & CEO Christopher M. Connor: " Seven simple words- Our Home Since 1866. Our Pride Forever, help us capture, harness and crystallize a powerful, energizing message that Cleveland and Northeast Ohio is not only one of the best locations in the nation, but our community is one of the best locations in the world! We want to salute our great people supported by world class companies, health care institutions, universities, natural resources, sports teams, cultural amenities like the orchestra, museums and theaters as well as affordable housing. Northeast Ohio offers a wonderful quality of life. This area is a terrific place to raise a family. We are a resilient community determined to always rebound stronger than before. This 10-story wall banner is rolling out a giant welcome mat, saluting the strength, energy, talent, creativity, enthusiasm, and warm hospitality embodied on a daily basis by the people of Northeast Ohio. Sherwin-Williams' 144 year commitment to Cleveland and Northeast Ohio demonstrates why we are filled with pride and honored to be part of this great community."
1. Installation: The installation of the 10 story banner spanned 2 days and was completed before the Cleveland Cavs home opener against Boston.
2. Time lapse video: Chronicle the Making and Installation of the S-W Banner. You can download a time lapse video of the manufacture and installation as well as a picture of the finished banner at http://www.sherwin-williams.com/press/trade/kits/2010/
Time lapse #1 :30 The making of the S-W Banner.
Time lapse #2 :50 The installation of the S-W Banner.
3. Illuminating the S-W Banner: Lighting up the early morning and night time skyline: When the sun goes down, the S-W banner will sparkle at night with a full lighting system that provides an excellent background for stills and TV night side or early morning live shots.
4. Interviews: Contact: Mike Conway Sherwin-Williams Director, Corporate Communications & Investor Relations Direct: 216.515.4393 Cell: 216.978.1074 Pager: 216. 422.3751 email@example.com
5. Interesting Sherwin-Williams Banner Facts
- One of the largest Vinyl Mesh wall banners in the U.S.
- 10 stories tall: 110' tall/210' wide. 25,000 square feet of material.
- 3,780: # of people that could fill the banner
- Manufacturer: Fusion Imaging, Kaysville, Utah. http://www.fusionimaging.com/
- A huge industrial printer running 33 hours, fabricated 14 vinyl mesh panels, 25,000 square feet of material, that were sewn together. It took a 10 person sewing crew 100 hours to transform the 14 panels into one giant banner.
- 50 gallons of ink was used to print the 4 color banner
- Weight: 1.3 tons. 2,600 lbs.
- Takes 12 people to fold and move the banner. 35 Utah high school football players hauled the banner off a truck and spread it across their football field so the Fusion crew could conduct a final inspection.
- A special pallet was built to house the S-W banner during its truck ride from Utah to Cleveland. 1,785 miles over 36 hours.
- 10 people spent 18 hours over 2 days installing the banner.
- 15 people spent 300 hours creating, manufacturing, transporting and installing the banner.
The Sherwin-Williams Company
Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers.
Sherwin-Williams is the USA's #1 paint and coatings company; #3 in the world.
The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams®, Dutch Boy®, Krylon®, Minwax®, Thompson's® Water Seal®, and many more.
With global headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio, Sherwin-Williams® branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 3,368 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company's other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors.
The Sherwin-Williams Global Group distributes a wide range of products in more than 70 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.sherwin.com
SOURCE Sherwin-Williams Company