CLEVELAND, May 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- You don't have to cross the finish line first to finish in the money when it comes to bigtime NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™ racing. Each year NASCAR Contingency sponsors award prize money to NASCAR teams via per-race and year-end postings.
The Sherwin-Williams Fastest-Lap Contingency Award awards the eligible driver who turns the fastest lap of each NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race throughout the season. Each week the award winner receives $5,500 per race and then a check for $100,000 is presented to the overall winner at the end of the season.
Sherwin-Williams is a FORTUNE 500 company and the nation's largest specialty retailer of paint and painting supplies. It is the 'Official Paint of NASCAR', as well as the 'Official Automotive Paint' and 'Official Transportation Finishes of NASCAR.'
Last year Matt Kenseth, driving the No. 20 Toyota Camry, won the Sherwin-Williams Fastest Lap annual award and the $100,000 in prize money. He was honored at NASCAR's Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon in Las Vegas. With the 2015 racing season well under way, NASCAR and Sherwin-Williams announced the first ten weekly winners of the 'Fastest Lap Award' which include:
- Daytona 500 (Daytona Int'l Speedway): Carl Edwards No. 19 car, Joe Gibbs Racing
- Folds of Honor Quiktrip 500 (Atlanta Motor Speedway): Denny Hamlin No. 11 car, Joe Gibbs Racing
- Kobalt 400 (Las Vegas Motor Speedway): Kyle Larson No. 42 car, Chip Ganassi Racing
- CampingWorld.com 500 (Phoenix International Raceway): Matt Kenseth, No. 20 car, Joe Gibbs Racing
- Auto Club 400 (Auto Club Speedway Fontana, Calif.): David Ragan No. 18 car, Joe Gibbs Racing
- STP 500 (Martinsville Speedway) Denny Hamlin, No. 11 car, Joe Gibbs Racing
- Duck Commander 500 (Texas Motor Speedway) Jamie McMurray, No. 1, Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates
- Food City 500 in Support of Steve Byrnes and Stand Up to Cancer (Bristol Motor Speedway) Matt Kenseth, No. 20 car, Joe Gibbs Racing
- Toyota Owners 400 (Richmond International Raceway) A.J. Allmendinger, No. 47 car, JTG Daughtery Racing
- Geico 500 (Talladega Superspeedway) Carl Edwards, No. 19 car, Joe Gibbs Racing
Sherwin-Williams is in its second year as a Contingency Sponsor in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and NASCAR Touring & Weekly Series. The NASCAR Contingency Program fosters strong relationships between competitors and high quality, performance-driven brands that are leaders in their respective categories.
"Today, more than a dozen NASCAR teams currently use Sherwin-Williams Automotive Finishes," said Bobby Moody, Director of Motorsports for Sherwin-Williams. "The 30-plus drivers who now use Sherwin-Williams have more than 200 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series victories between them and make up a virtual 'who's who' of motorsports' finest finishers."
The roster of NASCAR motorsports teams using Sherwin-Williams products include:
- Joe Gibbs Racing
- Richard Childress Racing
- Roush Fenway Racing
- Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates
- Michael Waltrip Racing
- Furniture Row Racing
- Front Row Motorsports
- Germain Racing
- JTG Daugherty Racing
- HScott Motorsports
- BK Racing
For more information about The Fastest Lap Award presented by Sherwin-Williams visit NASCAR.com at http://www.nascar.com/content/nascar/en_us/sprint-cup-series/special-awards/sherwin-williams-fastest-lap.html; for more information about the NASCAR Contingency Award program visit http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-cup-series/special-awards.html; for more information about Sherwin-Williams Automotive Finishes, or the brand's motorsports program, visit www.sherwin-automotive.com or call 1-800-798-5872.
Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers.
With 41,715 associates and $11.1 billion in sales, S-W is the USA's #1 paint and coatings company; #3 in the world.
The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams®, HGTV HOME® by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy®, Krylon®, Minwax®, Thompson's® Water Seal®, Ronseal™, Sayerlack®, Euronavy®, Altax™ and many more.
With global headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio, Sherwin-Williams® branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,100 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company's other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors.
The Sherwin-Williams Global Finishes Group delivers a wide range of products to the automotive refinishes, product finishes, and protective and marine markets in115 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.sherwin.com.