SAN MATEO, Calif., March 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Jetlore, the leading AI-powered prediction platform for the world's top retailers and beyond, today released the findings of its inaugural report, which found that lack of personalization, irrelevant product recommendations and other online shopping deal breakers prompt nearly 70% of online shoppers to abandon the shopping experience. The report, "Add to Cart: The Deal Makers and Deal Breakers of the Online Shopping Experience" reveals the steep challenges online retailers face in today's ultra-competitive e-commerce arena.
"As more commerce is shifting online, it is imperative that retailers improve the product discovery process and improve the overall shopping experience," said Eldar Sadikov, CEO of Jetlore. "Jetlore helps the world's top retailers maximize product discovery by empowering traditional editorial curation with AI-driven predictions, increasing conversions and revenue performance across email, web, and mobile channels."
Key findings of the survey include:
- Shoppers love shopping in their pajamas: 62% of shoppers preferring to shop online at least half of the time
- Shoppers prefer convenience and selection as top reasons for buying online: Over 50% of shoppers enjoy the larger inventory of products available online and over 64% enjoying the convenience of buying anytime from anywhere
- Shoppers deplore sites that do not remember them or their preferences: 86% of shoppers report lack of personalization and identification as their number one online shopping deal breaker
- Shoppers have limited patience for finding the products they want online: Over 40% of shoppers are only willing to scroll two pages before giving up and abandoning the site
- Shoppers are insistent when it comes to the product attributes they desire: 69% will abandon an ecommerce experience if they're provided irrelevant product recommendations
- Shoppers develop positive brand impressions of retailers that deliver relevant products quickly: two in five shoppers are more likely to make a purchase if provided relevant product recommendations
Jetlore conducted the survey in early 2017, interviewing 750 shoppers that fell within the key demographic of online shoppers ages 18-56. To download the full report, visit www.jetlore.com/csr-addtocart-2017
Jetlore's prediction platform powers top-tier omni-channel companies and global online retailers like eBay, PayPal, Uniqlo and Nordstrom Rack to deliver AI-powered customer experiences to maximize online revenue. Jetlore's platform empowers B2C companies to move beyond personalization to predictions with customers realizing sustainable increases in customer lifetime value and channel specific revenue of up to 80%. Jetlore, a 2016 Gartner Cool Vendor, is based in Silicon Valley with teams in London, Madrid and St. Petersburg. Please visit us at www.jetlore.com and follow us on Twitter @Jetlore.
Senior Director of Marketing
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/shoppers-patience-loyalty-tightly-tied-to-convenience-and-personalization-jetlore-report-finds-300420094.html