AUSTIN, Texas, April 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ShowStoppers last week staged two new press events in the United States; organized a team of US journalists to cover the IFA 2012 Global Press Conference in Dubrovnik, Croatia; and helped to manage two press panels at the conference – expanding the network of tradeshow and business partners that make ShowStoppers the global leader in producing press and business events.
"That's back to back to back events on two continents in just five business days – a pace that sets a new record for the team at ShowStoppers," said Steve Leon, partner, ShowStoppers.
"More important, all three events were official events, produced with partners, with global reach for exhibitors, and new products for work, home and play for journalists to cover," said Leon:
- For the IFA 2012 Global Press Conference, 12-15 April in Dubrovnik, ShowStoppers worked with long-time partner IFA to staff panel discussions by journalists about the future of TV and tablet computers. ShowStoppers also organized a team of US journalists to cover the conference, an exclusive three-day event packed with power briefings and product launches made by Samsung, Philips and other exhibiting companies, market statistics from industry researchers Gfk and Display Research, plus other activities that IFA plans for 300 technology, business, consumer electronics and home-appliances journalists from around the world. The IFA 2012 Global Press Conference highlights IFA, the global tradeshow for consumer electronics and home appliances that inspires people and moves markets. The 5th annual ShowStoppers @ IFA, the official press event of IFA 2012, is scheduled for 30 August; IFA opens 31 August and continues through 5 September in Berlin, Germany.
- Working with the National Association of Broadcasters, a new ShowStoppers partner, ShowStoppers and NAB produced a new press event, ShowStoppers @ NAB Show, 16 April in Las Vegas, Nevada. This first-time event featured product demonstrations and launches by 10 companies, including B&H Photo, Escort, Level3 and Sony.
- Working with new partner Sandbox Summit, ShowStoppers scheduled a playdate with the mobile revolution for developers, educators, manufacturers and researchers attending the Sandbox Summit @ MIT, 17-18 April in Cambridge, Massachusetts. ShowStoppers also invited journalists to cover the Summit. This first-time exhibition took place at the Microsoft NERD Center and featured product demonstrations by 10 companies, including Disney, Intel, Microsoft, MIT and PBS Kids. Stay tuned for details about ShowStoppers @ the Sandbox Summit @ MIT in April 2013.
"One of the things I like about Showstoppers is that it is filtered in two ways," said Gary Sasaki, president of market researcher and strategic consultant DIGDIA, who attended ShowStoppers @ NAB. "First, the vendors are there because they have something new to show and they tend to only bring what is new, so you don't have to swim through a big glitzy booth to get to what you want to see. Second, many of the interesting vendors are smaller ones that I might not spot on the show floor, because these vendors tend to get lost amongst the big booths."
Save these dates
The next ShowStoppers events are:
- ShowStoppers @ CTIA Wireless, 7 May 2012 in New Orleans.
- ShowStoppers @ E3, 5 June 2012 in Los Angeles.
- ShowStoppers @ the CE LineShow, 26 June 2012 in New York – the official press event of CE Week.
- ShowStoppers @ IFA, 30 Aug. 2012 in Berlin – the official press event of IFA.
To exhibit and meet the press at ShowStoppers, contact Dave Leon, [email protected], +1-845-638-3527.
Now in its 20th year, ShowStoppers is the global leader in producing press and business events spanning the US, Europe, Japan and India. Each event organizes product introductions, sneak previews and demonstrations for selected journalists, bloggers, industry and financial analysts, venture capitalists and business executives. Industry leaders, innovators and startups exhibit to help generate news coverage and product reviews, make new connections, promote brand, and open new markets. ShowStoppers produces events at CES, CTIA and Mobile World Congress, among others, and the official press event at IFA. ShowStoppers partners with CEATEC JAPAN, the annual technology tradefair that takes place in Tokyo. ShowStoppers is the official US sales partner of Convergence India, the largest information and communications technology tradeshow in South Asia.
+1 512 288 0950
ShowStoppers is a registered trademark of LL&J LLC. All other trademarks are acknowledged.