PHILADELPHIA, March 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Shunra, the industry-recognized leader in Application Performance Engineering (APE) solutions for WAN, Web, Mobile, and Cloud-based networks, today announced ten new worldwide members of the Shunra's Certified Consulting Partner Program. The new partnerships will help enable the performance engineering user community more easily test distributed application performance under real-world conditions prior to deployment, leveraging Shunra's Performance Suite™ – including Shunra for HP LoadRunner and Shunra for HP Performance Center – to achieve complete confidence in their applications.
The new partners are:
- Verify Solutions Ltd., a UK-based provider of network infrastructure and software performance engineering high-value-added services around performance testing, planning, software architecture and troubleshooting;
- Itecor, a Swiss-based IT consultancy firm with offices in Prague, Paris and Mexico, providing professional support to large organizations in the management of complex IT systems;
- ValidIT, a French performance engineering consulting firm providing validation of functionalities, performances and service levels of application and automated business processes;
- Dresden, Germany-based Proficom, a quality management and software testing specialist;
- Univiews, a Potomac, Maryland-based IT management consulting firm providing end-to-end management solutions including training, consulting and product delivery services;
- London-based Lighthouse Testing Consultancy, which provides software performance testing and quality assurance services;
- Mentora, a performance- and load-testing company based in Kennesaw, Georgia;
- Newcoe LLC, a Virginia-based performance engineering company whose Cloud Architect solution helps clients migrate to the Cloud;
- Orasi Software, an Atlanta-based software reseller and professional services company focused on enterprise software quality testing and management, and an HP Software Platinum Partner;
- QAssure, a provider of software product outsourcing services, including performance testing around HP's LoadRunner and Performance Center products, headquartered in Singapore with development centers in Chennai, India.
"As a company focused on application performance delivery, Verify is finding tremendous value in our partnership with Shunra," said Ian Cleveland, Managing Director of Verify Solutions Ltd. "By implementing the best practices that Shunra has developed, we're able to help our clients generate rapid and sustainable return on investment. Shunra enables us to extend value to our clients by eliminating much of the cost associated with both troubleshooting and remediating performance problems in production and in delivering a truly three-dimensional view of an application's performance before release. We have already provided immediate benefit to several clients via this partnership and are looking forward to expanding the delivery of these solutions."
Concurrently, Shunra announced the appointment of nine-year company veteran Amichai Lesser as Vice-President of Channel Development. Previously Shunra's Director of Professional Services, Mr. Lesser is now leading the effort to expand the Certified Consulting Partner Program.
"My role is to enable our partners to deliver the same level of professional services that Shunra has provided to its customers for years," said Mr. Lesser. "Having seen the high level of value that Shunra delivers to our clients by providing services around our technology, our new Certified Consulting Partners are eager to deliver those same high-value services to their own customers using Application Performance Engineering best-practices methodology that we have developed. I'm very excited at the opportunity to take that knowledge base and share it with our partner community."
"The immediate acceptance of our Certified Consulting Partners Program is both an endorsement of the concept and confirmation that we have the right man leading it," said Shunra COO Bill Varga. "Amichai Lesser helped developed the APE best practices that Shunra is now sharing with its partner community, and he is ideally positioned to grow the program and extend the value of our solutions across the Shunra ecosystem and beyond."
About Application Performance Engineering (APE)
APE is the discipline applied at every phase of the application lifecycle that ensures an application will be designed, implemented and operationally supported to meet its non-functional performance requirements. APE includes the roles, skills, activities, practices and solutions required to confidently deploy and manage application performance.
APE Best Practices
- Discover: identify and record real-world infrastructure and network conditions, business processes, application topology and deployment scenarios
- Test Set-Up: incorporate network behavior, network emulation and business process automation scripts into the test environment
- Testing: integrate with automation tools and enable single-user and multi-site/multi-user load testing
- Analysis: conduct thorough results analysis to identify potential bottlenecks and validate performance and SLO compliance
- Remediation and Optimization: implement recommended best practices to improve performance and calculate performance ROI
Shunra is the industry-recognized authority in Application Performance Engineering (APE) and a pioneer in WAN Emulation. Shunra's customers include 75 of the Fortune 100 with some of the most complex and sophisticated networks in the world. Shunra's APE solutions discover, predict, emulate and analyze the performance of applications over WAN, Web, Mobile and Cloud networks. Shunra delivers dramatic cost savings through customized performance insight, enabling pre-deployment and post-production remediation and optimization. Customers include Apple, AT&T, Bank of America, Best Buy, Boeing, Cisco Systems, Citibank, eBay, FedEx, GE, IBM, ING Direct, Intel, Marriott, MasterCard, McDonalds, Merrill Lynch, Motorola, Oracle, Pepsi, Pfizer, Siemens, Target, Thomson Reuters, TJX, Verizon, Walt Disney and the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank. Shunra is headquartered in Philadelphia and privately held. For more information, call 1.877.474.8672 or visit www.shunra.com.