CAMPBELL, Calif. and AUSTIN, Texas, March 29, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Based on the need for insight on various market, technology and investment trends impacting the display industry, the Society for Information Display (SID) together with Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC) announce their impressive line-up for the highly popular Business Conference. Kicking off the Business Track at Display Week, the Business Conference will include presentations from seven leading market and financial analysts from five different firms, all of whom will provide valuable insight into the current and future state of the global display industry.
Some of the leading analysts presenting at this year's Business Conference, to be held on Monday, May 22, 2017 at the Los Angeles Convention Center, include:
- Bob O'Brien, President, Display Supply Chain Consultants
- Dr. Eric Virey, Senior Analyst, Yole
- Ross Young, CEO, Display Supply Chain Consultants
- Ryan Reith, Program VP for IDC's Mobile Tracker Suite, IDC
- Stephen Baker, VP, Technology Industry Analyst, The NPD Group
- Yasuo Nakane, Global Head of Technology Research, Mizuho Securities
- Yoshio Tamura, Asia President, Display Supply Chain Consultants
Specifically, these analysts will shed light on a significant number of important topics impacting the display industry, including:
- How much longer will TV panel prices continue to rise?
- What kind of panel price changes are likely by market in 2H'17 and 2018?
- What trends are we seeing in US TV, monitor and notebook sell-through?
- How fast will 4K TVs grow?
- What is the outlook for the smartphone market by region and brand?
- What is driving the FPD capital equipment boom and how long will it last?
- Which equipment companies are the best bets from an investment standpoint?
- Which display suppliers are the best investment opportunities and why are display multiples so low?
- What are the catalysts for display stocks?
- Why uLEDs may be a game changer and who is out in front?
- What is the OLED supply/demand outlook and what will be the impact of foldable and rollable displays on the OLED supply/demand situation?
- Which display markets are likely to enjoy the fastest growth over the next few years?
- How fast will OLED TVs grow?
- How fast will quantum dots penetrate through the LCD space, and will LCD hold off OLED in the premium TV market?
- How will the many Gen 10.5 fabs under construction change the market for large-screen TVs?
- Will we see Flat Panel Display Manufacturing investment in the USA?
According to SID Marketing Chair, Sri Peruvemba, "We are delighted to have these prestigious analysts helping to guide investors, technologists and sales and marketing executives on where the industry is heading. Each of these analysts will be providing significant market content and networking opportunities that make this event an excellent value to attendees."
Conference fees include lunch, refreshments, access to the Display Week exhibit hall and Tuesday morning keynotes, along with electronic copies of the presentation material and admission to the Monday evening networking reception.
To register, please visit http://displayweek.org/2017/Attendee/Registration.aspx.
About Display Week 2017
The 54th SID International Symposium, Seminar and Exhibition, or Display Week 2017, will take place May 21-26 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, Calif. Display Week is the premier gathering of system integrators, designers, consumers, scientists, engineers and manufacturers in the field of electronic information displays. For more information on Display Week 2017, visit www.displayweek.org or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter @DisplayWeek (hashtag #DisplayWeek17), Instagram @siddisplayweek or the Display Week YouTube Channel.
The Society for Information Display (SID) is the only professional organization focused on the display industry. In fact, by exclusively focusing on the advancement of electronic display technology, SID provides a unique platform for industry collaboration, communication and training in all related technologies while showcasing the industry's best new products. The organization's members are professionals in the technical and business disciplines that relate to display research, design, manufacturing, applications, marketing and sales. To promote industry and academic technology development, while also educating consumers on the importance of displays, SID hosts more than 10 conferences a year, including Display Week, which brings industry and academia all under one roof to showcase technology that will shape the future. SID's global headquarters are located at 1475 S. Bascom Ave., Ste. 114, Campbell, CA 95008. For more information, visit www.sid.org.
About Display Supply Chain Consultants
Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC) was formed by experienced display market analysts from throughout the display supply chain and delivers valuable insights through consulting, syndicated reports and events. The company is in the US and Japan, on the web at www.displaysupplychain.com and can be reached at email@example.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sid-business-conference-features-presentations-from-seven-leading-display-analysts-at-five-firms-surrounding-the-state-of-the-global-display-market-300431039.html
SOURCE Society for Information Display