PALO ALTO, Calif., Jan. 31, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- SignalWire, Inc., today announced developers will now have the ability to create and build a variety of new advanced communications applications that connect and route SIP endpoints in the SignalWire CLOUD platform.
SIP endpoints include a number of systems including PBXs, business phone systems. IP phones, softphones, mobile applications, IoT devices, and more, making it possible for developers to build applications such as interactive voice response systems that include both SIP endpoints and PSTN phone numbers. In addition, SignalWire is offering SIP connectivity at a fraction of the cost offered by other providers. SignalWire SIP is metered per minute, per call at $0.0007.
"Our product development philosophy is pretty simple; ensure our customers have all the tools necessary to build whatever they can imagine using programmable communications," said Erik Lagerway, vice president of product at SignalWire. "SIP is a critical component of that philosophy, and we're excited to offer it on our advanced SignalWire CLOUD platform at industry-low rates, allowing our customers to spend more time focusing on their amazing ideas and less time worrying about the cost and complexity it would otherwise take to implement them."
Today's launch follows a string of product enhancements that the company has made in the past year. New features include:
- RESTful APIs: provides developers with the ability to integrate features like third party call control, fax and text messaging into their applications;
- Verified Caller ID: allows customers to use their existing number as an outgoing Caller ID from their applications or SIP devices;
- STACK and FreeSWITCH Connector: enables the ability to add and manage resources from STACK in the cloud, all from SignalWire CLOUD APIs and in the SignalWire CLOUD dashboard;
- Fax: offers integrated fax into customer applications;
- Local Number Portability (LNP): allows anyone to bring their existing numbers to SignalWire
"I am amazed by some of the applications we've seen built on our platform these past six months – from AI-enabled voice reservation systems, scheduling services and more," said Lagerway. "It's incredible to think that the innovation taking place by customers using our technology will dramatically change the face of communications as we know it. It's a privilege to be a part of those efforts."
For more details on today's launch check out the SignalWire blog post:
SignalWire delivers a cloud platform for building advanced communications products, applications, or enterprise infrastructure. Our APIs, built for developers of all skill sets, enable rapid application development on a managed elastic framework. SignalWire technology is proven and trusted, already deployed by over 5000 commercial enterprises around the world. For more information, visit www.SignalWire.com.