WASHINGTON, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Silent Circle, the leader in global encrypted communications services revolutionizing mobile data security for organizations and individuals alike, today at the Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit announced a new lower price point for the company's signature mobile apps and services. For the next 60 days, customers can purchase Silent Suite, which includes Silent Phone, Silent Text, Silent Eyes and Silent Mail, for $120 via prepaid annual subscription. Responding to massive demand from industry, government agencies and individuals, Silent Circle's limited-time pricing offers its easy-to-use-service with greater value and availability for customers as the company meets the distinct needs of businesses and consumers in this time of heightened awareness regarding the need for private communications.
"In light of the overwhelming demand for our services, particularly following the headlines of recent weeks, we have responded by adjusting our Silent Suite offering to cater to individuals and businesses needing highly secure and cost-effective mobile communications services," said Silent Circle CEO and Co-Founder, Mike Janke. "With a team comprised of the world's most noted crypto experts, including Phil Zimmermann, we have published all of Silent Circle's source code so customers are assured there are absolutely no backdoors or areas of compromised security within our service. With this lower pricing option, customers have greater availability for safeguarding their communications – whether for personal use or to protect hundreds of business devices."
"During our company's phenomenal growth over the past eight months, our steady focus has been to deliver a simple, easy to use and secure service as required by all types of customers," added Spencer Snedecor, Silent Circle's Chief Revenue Officer. "This new pricing will enable users to take a proactive stance in ensuring their own privacy in light of the latest wave of concerns. This includes personal users who simply desire private and secure communications, as well as business and government users with complex mobile device demands who need to ensure employees have a full suite of encrypted apps for secure communications and collaboration no matter where they are in the world. Silent Circle stands alone as uniquely able to meet all of these customers' demands."
In addition to the new pricing for the Silent Suite offering, Silent Circle's optional Out-Circle Access service is now priced at $24 per month. This enables Silent Phone subscribers to place and receive calls "outside the circle" from wherever they are in the world to or from conventional phone numbers*
About Silent Circle's encrypted communication services:
- Silent Phone: Encrypted mobile voice calling with ability to seamlessly switch to high-quality, secure video calls, on-demand. Currently available for Apple iOS and Android, it can be used with Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G cellular anywhere in the world.
- Silent Text: Encrypted text messaging with any attachments and "Burn Notice" feature for permanently deleting messages from device registries. Currently available for Apple iOS with Android version under development.
- Silent Eyes: Encrypted VoIP audio and video calls and conferencing from laptops and desktops through Silent Circle's custom HD network. Compatible with Silent Phone. Currently available for Windows.
- Silent Mail: Encrypted e-mail on Silent Circle's private, secure network through unique silentcircle.com e-mail accounts with up to 1 Gigabyte (GB) of encrypted mailbox space. Compatible with popular e-mail client software.
- Out-Circle-Access: Enables calls between Silent Phone subscribers and non-subscribers. This enables Silent Phone subscribers to place and receive calls "outside the circle" from wherever they are in the world to or from conventional phone numbers*
*Currently limited to PSTN calls in US, Canada and Puerto Rico.
ABOUT SILENT CIRCLE
Silent Circle is a global encrypted communications service headquartered in Washington D.C. that provides cutting-edge encrypted text, e-mail, mobile phone and video teleconferencing services through a secure, proprietary network, software and mobile apps. Silent Circle was co-founded by Mike Janke, former Navy SEAL and best-selling author, and Phil Zimmermann, the world famous Silicon Valley creator of Internet encryption for voice and data and 2012 inductee into the Internet Hall of Fame. For more on Silent Circle, go to: https://www.silentcircle.com
Welz & Weisel Communications
SOURCE Silent Circle