MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Dec. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In a recent survey from BlackRock, 45 percent of Millennials say they are more interested in investing in the stock market than they were five years ago. Tip'd Off is a social investing community that empowers users to make smarter investment decisions. By providing transparency, along with a social layer that allows users to seek advice and trades from both respected stock traders and their peers, they are able to build a portfolio based on collective knowledge. The company today announced the Beta launch of its platform. To sign up for the waitlist and get early access, visit tipdoff.com.
Tip'd Off introduces an innovative approach to investing via a feature-rich platform that brings together beginners, intermediate users and seasoned professionals to discuss and share market movements.
- Meet the dream team: Co-founders Akshay Oberai, CEO, Rahul Sethuram, COO and Ankush "Koosh" Saxena, CTO, like many other Millennials, witnessed one of the greatest financial crashes in history, causing many to avoid the stock market. The team saw the need for a platform where users could come together in a social media environment that provides a forum for discussing and sharing market movements, practice "paper trading" to simulate trades and link multiple brokerage accounts for a single-pane-of-glass view of their portfolio.
- Tip'd Off enables users to:
- Make money from trading based on reliable tips
- Stay ahead of the game by being informed about what people are trading and discussing
- Learn how to improve trading strategies
Akshay Oberai, CEO, Tip'd Off, said: "Since 1926, stocks have returned an annual average of 10.5 percent, but even with that constant, there is still an amount of distrust in the stock market. With Tip'd Off, beginners and seasoned professionals alike are able to learn by watching what investments others are making, share tips with peers and build a reputation and following. Our goal is to democratize the trading community and provide all users, regardless of experience, with a transparent environment that is familiar and comfortable."
Philip Inghelbrecht board of advisors, founder of Shazam, said: "I expect a dramatic democratization of the personal investment and financial advising industry. Tip'd Off is handsomely playing into this, delivering a fresh set of tools that speak to both novice and hardened investors: social, collaborative, empowering and fun. Over a few months of using Tip'd Off, I probably learned more than I did in over 20 years."
Check out the company video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS_dFjyqRt0
BlackRock , 3Q2014, "What Millennials Can Teach their Parents About Retirement" - http://tinyurl.com/ns75bxs.
About Tip'd Off
Tip'd Off is a social trading community that empowers users to make smarter investment decisions. The platform provides traders of all experience levels, from beginners to seasoned veterans, with the ability to transparently share advice and real-time trades. The platform empowers consumers to make smarter investment decisions based on stock tips they can trust from friends and notable investors. For more information, visit www.tipdoff.com
Nadel Phelan, Inc.
SOURCE Tip’d Off