BOSTON, June 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Silver Bridge today announced several developments at the Silver Bridge Institute (SBI), the firm's educational platform that empowers its clients and the broader community to become more engaged in their financial lives. SBI has been offering educational seminars to clients and the broader community since 2008. The curriculum provides a knowledge base and a unique set of tools for continual and collaborative learning across four key cornerstones: investments, wealth planning, philanthropy and family continuity.
"We believe SBI's educational platform has become a critical part of our clients' lives as it fosters discussions about some of the most common issues affecting successful individuals and families today. SBI is on the front edge of new thinking and has been a phenomenal forum to help develop that knowledge," commented Stephen Prostano, CEO of Silver Bridge.
- Janet P. Atkins, a recognized philanthropy expert, sought after speaker and CEO and Founder of Ridgeway Philanthropy, has been appointed Co-Head of SBI. She joins Stephen Prostano who has overseen SBI since its inception. Ms. Atkins has helped families and their charitable entities develop strategic and values-based methods of giving for over 30 years. Under her leadership, over $2 billion in philanthropic dollars have been committed to non-profits domestically and abroad. Ms. Atkins is also responsible for the development and roll-out of the philanthropic program at Silver Bridge over the past several years.
- R. Thomas Manning, Jr., President and CIO, will team up with Michelle Knight, Chief Economist, to enhance and broaden the investments curriculum including addressing different and unique investment opportunities, as well as providing regular commentary on the markets and the economy.
- Allison Taff, Managing Director of Strategic Planning and Marketing, will be expanding her role at SBI, leveraging her more than 12 years of experience working with multi-generational families, family offices and next generation wealth owners. In addition to helping run all SBI programming, she will also oversee "A Woman's Perspective." This program is designed to engage, enrich, and educate women about the importance of proactively managing their financial lives. Since its launch in 2009, over 1,000 women around the country have attended one of these educational opportunities which are focused exclusively on addressing women's needs and preferences in a safe and trusted environment.
Several Silver Bridge employees have joined SBI as Faculty Advisors and will be overseeing the development of new curriculum:
- Bradley Fisher, Managing Director of Family Office Advisory Services, and a veteran in the family office space, will work with Ms. Taff on a curriculum focused on single family offices and multi-generational families to help address their sophisticated and complex needs.
- Dr. Cynthia Adams Harrison, Managing Director will deliver unique educational opportunities for family owned and privately held business owners.
- Julie Hammerman, Client Advisor, will be working with Allison Taff to expand the "A Woman's Perspective" program on the West Coast in addition to workshops on female entrepreneurship nationally. Ms. Hammerman was part of the founding team of Extend Fertility, a biotech company that won Harvard Business School's Business Plan competition and made headlines around the world for innovative technology. She also serves as a consultant with Harvard Alumni's Community Partners, where she has engaged in pro bono strategy consulting projects with non-profit organizations including Jumpstart, Women's Funding Network, and Shelter Inc.
Proprietary research is being conducted by SBI Faculty Advisors:
- A Family Leadership, Development and Transition White Paper, authored by Dr. Cynthia Adams Harrison, will be released this fall.
- SBI will release the results of a Women, Wealth and Opportunity survey, which was designed to uncover a woman's needs, personality, and relationship with money, also this fall.
- Another larger body of research is being conducted to determine "Best Practices for the Multi-generational Family Enterprise." The results of this survey are expected to be released in Spring 2013.
"Steve and I have a shared passion for education having both taught at the University level. I am thrilled to be a part of this unique educational enterprise and look forward to collaborating with Steve to enhance both the curriculum and programming at SBI," commented Janet Atkins, Co-Head of SBI.
To learn more about the Silver Bridge Institute visit www.silverbridgeinstitute.com.
About Silver Bridge
Silver Bridge is a national, privately-held, owner-managed, boutique wealth advisory firm with over $3 billion in assets under advisement. For more than 80 years, Silver Bridge and its predecessors have focused on helping successful individuals and families realize their financial goals. The firm offers objective, thoughtful advice and custom solutions aligned with each client's investment, philanthropic, tax, and wealth transfer objectives. All investment advisory services are provided through Silver Bridge Capital Management, LLC, a registered investment adviser and affiliate of Silver Bridge Advisors, LLC. For more information about Silver Bridge, visit http://www.silverbridgeadvisors.com.
SOURCE Silver Bridge