BOSTON, Jan. 21, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Coinciding with the beginning of the spring 2015 academic semester, Simmons College announced its new compelling brand messaging along with the launch of a new, enhanced website, which showcases the success of alumnae/i, faculty, and students in an exciting and dynamic manner.
The new messaging supports the College's focus on preparing women and men who have the courage and confidence to lead in their fields and communities. The tagline is: Your Moment. Your Move. Your Simmons. — where leaders make themselves.
"The new brand messaging and website demonstrates why Simmons is such a remarkable institution that has prepared thousands of women and men to lead change that impacts families, communities, and the world for more than a century," said Simmons College President Helen Drinan. "Simmons College is the pre-eminent authority on women's leadership, with established expertise in the development and success of women and girls."
The primary goal of the brand messaging and new website is to embolden efforts to recruit undergraduate and graduate students – on campus and for online programs – and excite alumnae/i and donors to continue to support the College.
This website was developed by the Simmons College Marketing and Technology departments. Input was gathered from hundreds of community members including students, faculty, staff, and alumnae/i.
New features of the website include:
- A dynamic homepage that highlights our students, alumnae/i, and faculty who tell the Simmons story in the most compelling ways
- Centralized news, events, and social media so all the amazing and important events happening at Simmons are captured in one location
- A program-first structure that allows our academics to shine
- New and greater emphasis on faculty and their work
- An integrated alumnae/i presence that showcases successful and engaged Simmons graduates
- School sites that blend each school's unique personality with the overall Simmons brand
- A new internal resource for faculty, staff, and student information
Founded in 1899, Simmons College (http://www.simmons.edu) is a nationally ranked university located in the heart of Boston with a history of visionary thinking and social responsibility. It offers undergraduate education for women, and the nation's first MBA program designed for women. Simmons also offers renowned coeducational graduate programs in nursing and health sciences, liberal arts, library and information science, social work, and business. Follow Simmons on Twitter @SimmonsCollege and @SimmonsNews.
SOURCE Simmons College