SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Simple Habit, the revolutionary 5-minute prescriptive meditation platform and app expands access today launching both a web app and Android app for free download in the Google Play store (with in-app purchases). Since launching less than six months ago in the App Store, Simple Habit users in 115 countries have meditated for a combined 20,000 hours. The key to Simple Habit's success and differentiation is the ability for users to customize their experience with meditations designed to address modern life's daily challenges led by a variety of highly vetted mediation teachers from around the world.
Simple Habit currently offers premium users almost two years worth of daily meditations with new sessions added weekly. With this release, Android and web users will enjoy the same intuitive, personalized experience as iPhone users, including:
- Prescriptive meditations addressing hundreds of specific topics from the common (deep sleep, stress reduction and sharpened focus) to niche (breakups, commuting and morning sickness)
- Multiple teachers, as opposed to just one voiceover, so users can discover the teachers they like
- The choice of 5, 10, and 20-minute long meditation sessions
- Motivating tracking features including daily streak, number of minutes meditated, badges, and a calendar that shows your meditation history
- Daily meditation reminder to encourage consistent practice
- A strong sense of community with global participation map and social connection that lets you follow friends' meditation progress
- Monthly challenges for users around the world
"Simple Habit was created out of a personal need to tailor my meditations to my hectic schedule and need of daily mindfulness," explains founder and CEO Yunha Kim, 27, who began her practice while running her previous startup Locket which eventually sold to Wish in 2015. The current team at Simple Habit includes a Harvard psychologist and a worldwide network of meditation experts, many of whom were trained through Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute, born out of Google. "We're thrilled to bring the Simple Habit experience to more users globally with the launch of our web and Android apps." Meditation is proven to increase attention span and improve memory, while reducing bias and aggressive behaviors.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/simple-habit-expands-meditation-and-mindfulness-offering-with-launch-of-web-app-and-native-android-app-300358905.html
SOURCE Simple Habit