SAN FRANCISCO and MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Aug. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Singularity University (SU), a global community with a mission to educate, inspire, and empower leaders to apply exponential technologies to address humanity's grand challenges, announces its second flagship annual event, Singularity University Global Summit, August 13-15, 2017 at the Hilton Union Square, San Francisco. SU is expecting 1,500 participants from around the world, from individuals to entrepreneurs representing startups, to intrapreneurs from large enterprises, organizations, and governments. Deloitte is the Premier Consulting Sponsor for the SU Global Summit. Several Deloitte speakers will address the topics of Digital Transformation, Digital Reality, Re-thinking Strategy, and The Future of Work. To learn more about the agenda and to register, go to Singularity University Global Summit.
"The past year has been one of increasingly rapid change and disruption in the world," said Rob Nail, CEO and Associate Founder of Singularity University. "I remain incredibly encouraged and optimistic for our future. I've seen how exponential technology and innovations from the SU community, startups, and large organizations are positively changing business while solving key challenges humanity is facing. There are concrete examples about how SU alums are having impact in energy, the environment, learning, health, water, food, disaster resilience, shelter, security, prosperity, and governance. If you want to be uplifted, improve and grow your business, see the remarkable progress we are making, and become a force for good in the world, then I invite you to come to the Global Summit and partner with us to get involved!"
At the Global Summit, SU will also be announcing a series of initiatives for individuals, startups, and large organizations. For startups, there is a new series of programs that support them end-to-end along their entrepreneurial journey from concept to prototype to market entry to scale. For enterprises or large organizations, we will announce a set of programs to help them stay relevant, remain competitive and leverage opportunities created by rapid business change and disruption. Offerings will focus on helping organizations develop and optimize their innovation capabilities and develop leaders who understand the impact of emerging technologies. For individuals, we'll be unveiling a set of focused programs based on innovation and exponential technologies, as well as how to engage in local SU chapter and community activities taking place around the world. Details on these offerings will be announced during the Global Summit.
Speakers and topics at the SU Global Summit 2017 include:
- Dr. Peter H. Diamandis, SU Co-Founder and Executive Chairman, and XPRIZE Founder and Chairman, on Beyond Capital
- Rob Nail, SU CEO and Associate Founder, on Building a Global Community
- Ray Kurzweil, SU Co-Founder and Chancellor, on Touching the Future
- Matthew Bishop, Editor, The Economist, on The Future of News
- David Bray, Chief Ventures Officer, National Geospatial Intelligence Agency, on The Future of Citizenship
- Alex Dainis, Popular blogger and PhD student at Stanford, on Genetics
- Patsy Doerr, Thomson Reuters, on Corporate Impact at Scale
- Sylvia Earle, National Geographic Explorer in Residence, DOER Marine, on Oceans
- Mihir Garimella, finalist, Google Science Fair, on Innovation and Invention
- Dioselin Gonzales, Unity Labs, on Virtual Reality
- Salim Ismail, author of Exponential Organizations, on Fixing Civilization
- Neil Jacobstein, SU Faculty Chair, on Exponentials in Artificial Intelligence
- Mary Lou Jepsen, Openwater, on Our Translucent Selves & Visible Human Thought
- Cecily Joseph, Symantec, on Corporate Impact at Scale
- John Hagel, Co-Chairman, Center for the Edge, Deloitte, on Organizations & The Next Economy
- Jonathan Knowles, Autodesk, on Managing the Planet
- Dr. Daniel Kraft, SU Faculty Chair, on Exponentials in Medicine
- Chris Lewicki, President, Planetary Resources; Bob Richards, President, Moon Express; George Whitesides, CEO, Virgin Galactic; and Erika Wagner, Blue Origin, on Space: The Next Frontier
- Abi Ramanan, ImpactVision, on The Future of Food
- Marcus Shingles, CEO, XPRIZE
- Mike Sigal, 500 Startups, on Blockchain
- Jon Waterhouse, National Geographic, on Indigenous Tribes, Water and Tech
- Brett Wigdortz, Teach First; Esther Wojcicki, Planet 3, on The Future of Education
- Jeremy Howard, Fast.ai; Vivienne Ming, Socos, AI Eats the World
- Panels on The Future of Work, Civic Innovation, Decoding Democracy, Breakthrough Braintech
"We live in a time where unprecedented change is disrupting nearly every way we work and live. Our personal and professional lives are shifting in response to new technologies and business models that are changing what's possible and calling for us to respond and adapt, or fall behind. Since 2014, over 1,300 Deloitte clients have participated in SU programs around the world, empowering them to envision and realize significant exponential growth and efficiency opportunities," said Andrew Vaz, Deloitte Global Chief Innovation Officer.
Deloitte is the Premier Consulting Sponsor for this event, as well as Exponential Manufacturing, Exponential Finance and Exponential Medicine, and International Summits, which take place in different countries, such as Australia, Canada, Chile, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico and others; and is a founding member of SingularityU Netherlands.
To learn more about any of the SU programs and events and Deloitte innovation resources, go to www.su.org and https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/strategy/topics/innovation-consulting.html.
Deloitte provides industry-leading audit, consulting, tax and advisory services to many of the world's most admired brands, including 80 percent of the Fortune 500 and more than 6,000 private and middle market companies. Our people work across more than 20 industry sectors to deliver measurable and lasting results that help reinforce public trust in our capital markets, inspire clients to make their most challenging business decisions with confidence, and help lead the way toward a stronger economy and a healthy society.
ABOUT SINGULARITY UNIVERSITY
Singularity University (SU) is a global learning and innovation community using exponential technologies to tackle the world's biggest challenges and build an abundant future for all. SU's collaborative platform empowers individuals and organizations across the globe to learn, connect, and innovate breakthrough solutions using accelerating technologies like artificial intelligence, robotics, and digital biology. A certified benefit corporation headquartered at NASA Research Park in Silicon Valley, SU was founded in 2008 by renowned innovators Ray Kurzweil and Peter H. Diamandis with program funding from leading organizations including Google, Deloitte, and UNICEF. To learn more, visit SU.org, join us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter @SingularityU, and download the SingularityU Hub mobile app.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as "Deloitte Global") does not provide services to clients. In the United States, Deloitte refers to one or more of the US member firms of DTTL, their related entities that operate using the "Deloitte" name in the United States and their respective affiliates. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
SOURCE Singularity University