HARTFORD, Conn., July 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Connecticut invites residents and visitors to redefine their vacations this summer by experiencing something new just a short drive away, like one of the many curated travel packages available for families, friends and couples across the state at award-winning accommodations and attractions. Whether searching for an overnight adventure or weekend retreat, there's a package to fit every traveler's needs – and budget.
To help make planning easier, the Connecticut Office of Tourism is serving up a list of some of the hottest packages available right now through September and beyond. Package details and additional deals can be found at the all-new www.CTvisit.com.
Make new memories with the kids by treating the entire family to an action-packed day and sleepover. Packages that cater to the whole family include:
- Mystic Aquarium Vacation Package: Watch the whales and have fun among the fishes with a package featuring two adult and two child tickets to Mystic Aquarium, a welcome gift and accommodations for four at the Howard Johnson Inn-Mystic.
- Science Center Discovery Package: Explore more than 150 hands-on exhibits with four tickets to the Connecticut Science Center and overnight accommodations at the Marriott Hartford Downtown.
- Maritime Aquarium Package: Voted a top 25 U.S. aquarium, the Maritime Aquarium package includes two tickets to the aquarium and IMAX theater, overnight accommodations at Hampton Inn Shelton and breakfast.
- Lake Compounce Four Ticket Package: Hop on dozens of thrilling rides, including Phobia Phear Coaster, the first triple launch coaster to hit the northeast. The package includes four adult tickets to Lake Compounce, overnight accommodations at the Residence Inn by Marriott-Southington and full hot breakfast.
Couples and friends looking to indulge in a spa experience, sip wine or just explore Connecticut can escape the heat with one of these packages:
- Bike "Inn" by the Sea, Beach Cruiser Getaway Package: Unwind with a two-night stay at the Inn at Harbor Hill Marina, breakfast both days, use of two bikes with itineraries, $25 gift certificate to Café Sol and more.
- Spa-Cation Package: Escape for some R&R with accommodations for two at the Delamar Greenwich Harbor, a 60-minute Delamar Massage for each guest, champagne toast and $40 credit to l'escale for breakfast.
- Gouveia Vineyard Package: Taste award-winning vintages while perched high atop 140 sun-kissed acres. The package includes deluxe accommodations at the Courtyard by Marriott-Wallingford, tasting for two at Gouveia Vineyard and round-trip transportation to/from the vineyard.
- Weekday Bliss Spa Package: Take a "weekday away" with this package for two including a $220 spa credit for services at Elizabeth Arden's Red Door Spa, overnight accommodations in an upgraded Whirlpool king at the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa and breakfast buffet at Octagon.
"Summer is one of the best times of year to get out and explore all the state has to offer," said Randy Fiveash, director of the Connecticut Office of Tourism. "Travelers in and to our state have a distinct advantage because of its size and the variety of easily accessible activities – they can spend less time traveling between attractions, and more time actually enjoying new experiences. The package deals are the perfect way to do just that."
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sip-indulge-discover-and-explore-in-connecticut-summer-vacation-packages-offer-travelers-deals-on-lodging-and-entertainment-300299926.html
SOURCE Connecticut Office of Tourism