RICHARDSON, Texas, March 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Sipera Systems, the leader in real-time Unified Communications (UC) enablement and security, today announced its innovative VoIP security solutions enable rapid and simple compliance with new guidance issued by the industry council for payment card privacy.
Earlier this month, the PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) issued new guidance to protect credit card and payment card information in telephone-based transactions, including VoIP. The guidance advises businesses that handle credit cards to ensure the privacy and encryption of VoIP communications carrying cardholder data, and to control archiving and monitoring of these communications in compliance with PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) rules.
Sipera's award-winning security appliance solution provides comprehensive application-layer security for VoIP, enabling an enterprise to implement these important security controls simply and easily.
"Many in the security community have recently focused on VoIP and Unified Communications application security as essential for safeguarding financial transactions of all kinds," said Adam Boone, Vice President of Marketing and Product Management for Sipera Systems. "The new guidance regarding payment card privacy is a critical development in this area, because VoIP communications are widespread and are now a favored target of hackers and fraudsters."
Pre-integrated and interoperable with enterprise VoIP infrastructure from all leading manufacturers, Sipera's UC-Sec provides a complete application-layer security architecture for VoIP and UC in one simple appliance. The UC-Sec enables an enterprise to comply with the PCI SSC guidance on VoIP security with these capabilities:
- Provides application-layer encryption and privacy to any supporting end-point.
- Forks both signaling and media for monitoring and recording of clear traffic, even when it is encrypted, enabling centralized call recording and simpler architectures.
- Enables full privacy of communications to remote call centers, and teleworkers, traveling workers, with no VPN appliances or concentrators to configure and manage.
- Safely supports SIP trunks with the industry's best protection against toll fraud, eavesdropping and intrusion.
- Supports advanced access control and user authentication, including clientless two-factor authentication, for VoIP phones.
- Enables compliant VoIP and Unified Communications to VoIP phones, smartphones, soft-clients, video phones and other devices.
- Complements an existing security architecture and compliance processes, including firewalls, IDS/IPS and other functions.
Sipera also offers the breakthrough E-SBC solution, a highly cost-effective enterprise Session Border Controller. The E-SBC enables enterprises to adopt low-cost SIP trunks to decrease telecom costs, while enhancing the security architecture and preparing the enterprise for advanced Unified Communications applications.
To learn more about the UC-Sec, the E-SBC and the new PCI DSS guidance, visit www.sipera.com.
About Sipera Systems
Sipera Systems, the leader in real-time Unified Communications (UC) security solutions, is the choice of enterprises and service providers around the world to support their mission-critical UC deployments.
Sipera offers groundbreaking solutions that secure voice, video, messaging, collaboration, and other real-time communications in converged IP networks, boosting compliance with information security requirements and simplifying the adoption of UC. Sipera's innovative Borderless UC™ architecture delivers secure and private enterprise-class communications to any device over any network in any location.
Backed by the industry-leading research of the VIPER lab, Sipera's award-winning UC-Sec appliance provides comprehensive threat protection, policy enforcement, access control, and encryption in a single, flexible, plug-and-play device. The UC-Sec is pre-integrated with all market-leading UC vendor solutions and is the world's first UC security device to be Common Criteria certified, meeting the stringent international standard for IT security.
Sipera, Borderless UC, the Sipera logo, Sipera UC-Sec, Sipera SLiC, Sipera LAVA and Sipera VIPER Lab are trademarks of Sipera Systems, Inc.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Sipera Systems