NEW YORK, Feb. 2, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- SiriusXM today announced its extensive programming schedule for the week of Super Bowl LV. Befitting what is one of the biggest events on the sports and cultural calendars, SiriusXM will again deliver an exceptional level of coverage for fans nationwide, featuring multiple broadcasts of the game, live broadcasts from Tampa, FL and a wide-ranging schedule of specials – across SiriusXM's sports, entertainment and music channels – that will virtually bring the excitement of Radio Row and Super Bowl week into people's homes and cars across the country.
On Super Bowl Sunday, February 7 (6:30 pm ET), SiriusXM will offer multiple live broadcasts of Super Bowl LV. Listeners can tune in to the Kansas City Chiefs team broadcast, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers team broadcast, the Westwood One national radio broadcast and a Spanish-language broadcast. All broadcasts are available to subscribers on their SiriusXM radios and on the SiriusXM app.
SiriusXM's 24/7 NFL channel - SiriusXM NFL Radio (channel 88) - is offering exceptional coverage and analysis of the game throughout Super Bowl Week, with a daily lineup of shows hosted by some of the most knowledgeable voices in the game. Former NFL quarterback Jim Miller and former NFL front office executive Pat Kirwan, whose show Movin' The Chains airs every weekday from 3:00-7:00 pm ET, will broadcast live from the Tampa Convention Center on Thursday and Friday.
SiriusXM NFL Radio voices who are hosting their shows from their homes throughout Super Bowl Week include Hall of Famers Gil Brandt, Tim Brown and Bill Polian, as well as former executives, coaches and players including Mark Dominik, Charlie Weis, Solomon Wilcots, Erik Coleman, David Diehl, Bruce Gradkowski, Torry Holt, Brad Hopkins, Ed McCaffrey, Kirk Morrison and Brady Quinn. Listeners will also get live coverage of Super Bowl Week events as well as live postgame coverage from the stadium after the game.
SiriusXM has also launched a special weeklong pop-up channel - Super Bowl LV Radio, channel 104 - airing now through Sunday, February 7, and available on SiriusXM radios and on the SiriusXM app. The channel features a daily show hosted by former NFL quarterback Danny Kanell live from Tampa, and is the home for highlights from the best programming happening across several SiriusXM channels during Super Bowl Week. It is also airing replays of past Super Bowls, coverage of NFL news and press conferences, and episodes of the Tampa Bay 55 Podcast.
In the days leading up to the game, Super Bowl LV Radio will be the place for listeners across the country to catch the one-of-a-kind convergence of sports and celebrity that takes place on the SiriusXM set on Radio Row each year. Marquee shows and hosts from across the SiriusXM spectrum can be heard on Super Bowl LV Radio and other SiriusXM channels, and video clips from these shows can be seen on the SiriusXM app.
"The Super Bowl is one of the biggest events on the calendar and we have another great and highly anticipated matchup to look forward to on February 7," said Scott Greenstein, SiriusXM's President and Chief Content Officer. "Though the Super Bowl Week experience is different this year, SiriusXM is going to cover the game and the days leading up to it the way we always do. Fans will get the best coverage of the biggest game of the NFL season and everything happening with the Chiefs and the Buccaneers on our channels. Our "virtual radio row" programming will feature some of our biggest stars and will deliver the excitement of Super Bowl Week across the worlds of entertainment, music and sports so that people can experience the unique buzz that takes place every year in the Super Bowl city from wherever they are across the country."
For more info and show times on SiriusXM visit: siriusxm.com/super-bowl.
SiriusXM's "Virtual Radio Row" highlights, which will air Thursday, Friday and throughout the weekend, will include the following:
- Kevin Hart and The Plastic Cup Boyz will host a special edition of their SiriusXM show, Straight From The Hart, from Hart's Laugh Out Loud Radio channel, with guests Travis Kelce, Jimmy Kimmel, Jalen Ramsey, Don Cheadle and Reggie Bush.
- Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre will join co-host Bruce Murray to host a special town hall edition of his SiriusXM NFL Radio show with special guests Kenny Chesney and Nick Saban.
- Larry the Cable Guy will host a pre-Super Bowl edition of The Weekly Roundup with special guests, on Jeff & Larry's Comedy Roundup channel.
- Super Bowl LV Radio will feature music specials with some of football's biggest stars from two of our popular artist channels:
- No Shoes Radio will take over Super Bowl LV Radio with country superstar/songwriter Kenny Chesney voicing the content. NSR's special will include DJ sessions from Chesney's good friends Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Brett Favre, and Erin Andrews, who have all been part of NSR's "Poets & Pirates DJ Sessions."
- Radio Margaritaville will also produce a special, featuring special guests including Rick Neuheisel, Christopher "Mad Dog" Russo, Pat Kirwan and others.
- Listeners can hear the Foo Fighters performing a live set from the SiriusXM Garage in Los Angeles, the city that will host next year's Super Bowl LVI, on the all new limited-engagement channel, Foo Fighters Radio.
- Joel and Victoria Osteen will host a Super Bowl edition of their Joel Osteen Radio show, with special guests including Clemson football coach Dabo Swinney and James Brown, who will host CBS Sports' Super Bowl pregame show.
- Hall of Famer and legendary Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker Derrick Brooks will co-host a special with Mad Dog Sports Radio's Evan Cohen and Mike Babchik.
- Raiders head coach Jon Gruden, who coached the Buccaneers to a victory in Super Bowl XXXVII, will sit down for a one-on-one interview with Mad Dog Sports Radio host JT the Brick.
- Sway Calloway will host his daily show Sway in the Morning (Eminem's Shade 45) and will interview special guests during Super Bowl Week.
- Former New York Giants QB and Super Bowl XXI MVP Phil Simms will join Christopher "Mad Dog" Russo for a pre-Super Bowl edition of their Mad Dog Sports Radio show, Simms and the Mad Dog.
- Super Bowl-focused content from The Pat McAfee Show, hosted by the former NFL punter who has become one of sports media's most popular personalities, will appear on the SiriusXM app.
- Former NFL quarterback and 1984 Heisman Trophy winner Doug Flutie will debut a new SiriusXM podcast during Super Bowl Week. The Flutie Flakescast will feature Doug's conversations with active and former QBs, coaches and other personalities from on-and-off the football field.
- Former All-Pro defensive back Charles Woodson, who won Super Bowl XLV with the Packers and is a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2021, will co-host a special for Super Bowl LV Radio and SiriusXM NFL Radio.
- New York Jets QB Joe Flacco, who was named MVP of Super Bowl XLVII after leading the Ravens to a championship, will host an hour-long special with Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan for Super Bowl LV Radio and SiriusXM NFL Radio.
- Listeners can also tune in to hear a 30-year anniversary special looking back at one of the greatest games in Super Bowl history, the New York Giants' 20-19 victory over the Buffalo Bills in Tampa, with interviews with Bill Parcells, Marv Levy, Bill Polian, Ottis Anderson, Bruce Smith, Jeff Hostetler and others.
Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: SIRI) is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM and Pandora's properties reach more than 150 million listeners, the largest addressable audience in the U.S., across all categories of digital audio – music, sports, talk, and podcasts. SiriusXM's acquisitions of Stitcher and Simplecast, alongside industry-leading ad tech company AdsWizz, make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers. For more about SiriusXM, please go to: www.siriusxm.com.
This communication contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements about future financial and operating results, our plans, objectives, expectations and intentions with respect to future operations, products and services; and other statements identified by words such as "will likely result," "are expected to," "will continue," "is anticipated," "estimated," "believe," "intend," "plan," "projection," "outlook" or words of similar meaning. Such forward-looking statements are based upon the current beliefs and expectations of our management and are inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive uncertainties and contingencies, many of which are difficult to predict and generally beyond our control. Actual results and the timing of events may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements.
The following factors, among others, could cause actual results and the timing of events to differ materially from the anticipated results or other expectations expressed in the forward-looking statements: the current coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is adversely impacting our business; our substantial competition that is likely to increase over time; our efforts to attract and retain subscribers and listeners, or convert listeners into subscribers, which may not be successful, and may adversely affect our business; our Pandora ad-supported business has suffered a loss of monthly active users, which may adversely affect our Pandora business; privacy and data security laws and regulations may hinder our ability to market our services, sell advertising and impose legal liabilities; we engage in extensive marketing efforts and the continued effectiveness of those efforts are an important part of our business; consumer protection laws and our failure to comply with them could damage our business; a substantial number of our Sirius XM subscribers periodically cancel their subscriptions and we cannot predict how successful we will be at retaining customers; our ability to profitably attract and retain subscribers to our Sirius XM service as our marketing efforts reach more price-sensitive consumers is uncertain; our failure to convince advertisers of the benefits of our Pandora ad-supported service could harm our business; if we are unable to maintain revenue growth from our advertising products, particularly in mobile advertising, our results of operations will be adversely affected; if we fail to accurately predict and play music, comedy or other content that our Pandora listeners enjoy, we may fail to retain existing and attract new listeners; if we fail to protect the security of personal information about our customers, we could be subject to costly government enforcement actions and private litigation and our reputation could suffer; interruption or failure of our information technology and communications systems could impair the delivery of our service and harm our business; we rely on third parties for the operation of our business, and the failure of third parties to perform could adversely affect our business; our business depends in part upon the auto industry; our Pandora business depends in part upon consumer electronics manufacturers; the market for music rights is changing and is subject to significant uncertainties; our ability to offer interactive features in our Pandora services depends upon maintaining licenses with copyright owners; the rates we must pay for "mechanical rights" to use musical works on our Pandora service have increased substantially and these new rates may adversely affect our business; failure of our satellites would significantly damage our business; our Sirius XM service may experience harmful interference from wireless operations; failure to comply with FCC requirements could damage our business; economic conditions, including advertising budgets and discretionary spending, may adversely affect our business and operating results; if we are unable to attract and retain qualified personnel, our business could be harmed; we may not realize the benefits of acquisitions or other strategic investments and initiatives, including the acquisition of Pandora; our use of pre-1972 sound recordings on our Pandora service could result in additional costs; we may from time to time modify our business plan, and these changes could adversely affect us and our financial condition; we have a significant amount of indebtedness, and our debt contains certain covenants that restrict our operations; our facilities could be damaged by natural catastrophes or terrorist activities; the unfavorable outcome of pending or future litigation could have an adverse impact on our operations and financial condition; failure to protect our intellectual property or actions by third parties to enforce their intellectual property rights could substantially harm our business and operating results; some of our services and technologies may use "open source" software, which may restrict how we use or distribute our services or require that we release the source code subject to those licenses; rapid technological and industry changes and new entrants could adversely impact our services; existing or future laws and regulations could harm our business; we may be exposed to liabilities that other entertainment service providers would not customarily be subject to; our business and prospects depend on the strength of our brands; we are a "controlled company" within the meaning of the NASDAQ listing rules and, as a result, qualify for, and rely on, exemptions from certain corporate governance requirements; while we currently pay a quarterly cash dividend to holders of our common stock, we may change our dividend policy at any time; and our principal stockholder has significant influence, including over actions requiring stockholder approval, and its interests may differ from the interests of other holders of our common stock. Additional factors that could cause our results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements can be found in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2019 and Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 30, 2020, which are filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and available at the SEC's Internet site (http://www.sec.gov). The information set forth herein speaks only as of the date hereof, and we disclaim any intention or obligation to update any forward looking statements as a result of developments occurring after the date of this communication.
SOURCE Sirius XM Holdings Inc.