PITTSBURGH, May 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Burleson LLP announced today that Kevin Colosimo, managing partner in Pittsburgh, has been named a 2015 Pennsylvania Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters. Michael Brewster, Andrew Jenkins, Nicholas Koch, Jeanette Oliver, and Keith Zabela also earned recognition by the organization as 2015 Pennsylvania Rising Stars.
The highly regarded annual listing of Super Lawyers is awarded to no more than 5 percent of the lawyers in each state. The Rising Stars designation is given to no more than 2.5 percent of those lawyers in each state who are 40 years old or younger or who have been practicing for less than 10 years. In both categories, candidates are determined through a rigorous nomination process and evaluated based on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional development.
Rick Burleson, managing partner of the firm, said the recognitions underscore the strength of Burleson's Pittsburgh location.
"We've built a unique operating model that helps ensure our attorneys have what they need to grow, prosper, and make a difference in their profession and in the work they do for our clients," he explained. "These recognitions reflect that commitment and serve as a testament to our attorneys' incredible depth of knowledge and strong capabilities. I couldn't think of a more deserving group of lawyers to recognize in Pittsburgh."
The backgrounds of the six attorneys honored by Thomson Reuters include:
- Rising Star Mike Brewster is senior counsel. His practice includes oil and gas operational issues, transactional matters, due diligence projects, and title concerns. He negotiates and drafts documents for a wide variety of commercial transactions, including asset acquisitions, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, asset financing, leases, and purchase and sale agreements.
- Super Lawyer Kevin Colosimo is a seasoned attorney with experience in all areas of oil and gas litigation, energy law, and business and contract law. He is counsel to dozens of exploration and production companies operating in the Marcellus and Utica shale plays of the Appalachian Basin.
- Rising Star Andrew Jenkins is a partner who focuses his practice on oil and gas litigation and dispute resolution, construction law, and business and contract law. He represents a variety of oil and gas exploration and production companies in lease, business, and land ownership disputes; employment matters; and mechanics' lien claims.
- Rising Star Nicholas Koch is a senior associate whose practice primarily includes oil and gas litigation. He represents exploration and production companies in lease challenges, class action suits, contract disputes, personal injury claims, and various landowner-related complaints. He is particularly experienced in curative litigation as well as defense of upset tax sales and cloud-on-title cases.
- Rising Star Jeanette Oliver is senior counsel. She is well versed in commercial litigation, land use, and oil and gas title law. Her background includes a variety of land use appeals as well as extensive involvement in the areas of eminent domain, commercial law, and construction law. She has also represented clients in a number of federal and state litigation matters and is experienced in land use and bankruptcy concerns.
- Rising Star Keith Zabela is a partner who manages the firm's Oil and Gas Title Group for the Appalachian Basin. He has a broad background in rendering title opinions on behalf of leading exploration and production companies and is experienced in advising clients in oil and gas leases, acquisitions, operating agreements, joint development agreements, purchase and sale agreements, royalty issues, curative matters, and all other facets of day-to-day operations.
For more information about the Thomson Reuters rankings, visit www.superlawyers.com.
About Burleson LLP
Burleson LLP is a full-service corporate law firm that serves clients in a diverse range of industries. Known for its expertise in energy – and with a presence in every major North American producing region – the firm also represents companies in matters that include litigation, mergers and acquisitions, tax, regulatory, real estate, bankruptcy and restructuring, finance, insurance, and labor and employment. With its broad-based corporate capabilities and mid-market rates, Burleson LLP delivers the kind of high-quality, high-value, highly efficient legal services demanded by businesses in and out of the energy industry. For further information, visit www.burlesonllp.com.
SOURCE Burleson LLP