COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo., Feb. 13, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Six honorees representing Junior Achievement operations in seven U.S. cities have been named recipients of the Junior Achievement National Centennial Leadership Award by the Junior Achievement USA Board of Directors. Coinciding with JA's Centennial celebration in 2019, these special national awards recognize the outstanding board members, volunteers and supporting companies and organizations who have exemplified exceptional service and support to JA and its mission over the years. The recipients and the JA Areas they represent are:
- Catherine S. BrunePresident, Eastern Territory (Retired), Allstate Insurance CompanyRepresenting Junior Achievement of Chicago
- Mike CurbChairman, Curb RecordsRepresenting Junior Achievement of Middle Tennessee (Nashville) and Junior Achievement of Southern California (Los Angeles)
- Spencer F. EcclesChairman, George S. and Dolores Doré Eccles FoundationRepresenting Junior Achievement of Utah
- Jim HemakRetired, Great Clips FranchiseeJunior Achievement of the Upper Midwest (Minneapolis)
- M. James JohnstonPresident, Corporate & Endowment Strategy LLCRepresenting Junior Achievement of Northern Indiana (Fort Wayne)
- Pamela S. MumaDirector, Pam and Les Muma Family FoundationRepresenting Junior Achievement of Tampa Bay
"These six honorees have been true leaders and champions of Junior Achievement for many years," said Jack Kosakowski, President and CEO of Junior Achievement USA. "Their passion for and commitment to the Junior Achievement mission is representative of the tremendous dedication of the countless business leaders, educators, volunteers and other community supporters who have been so essential in ensuring JA's success at a local, national and global level."
The one-time only Junior Achievement National Centennial Leadership Awards will be presented at the 2019 Junior Achievement Volunteer Summit on Tuesday, March 12 in New York City. The recipients will be honored with a special luncheon and participate in the ringing of the New York Stock Exchange closing bell. In addition to the national award, JA Areas will also be awarding JA Area Centennial Leadership Awards to local JA leaders who have gone "above and beyond" in their own region.
About Junior Achievement USA® (JA)
Celebrating its centennial in 2019, Junior Achievement is the world's largest organization dedicated to giving young people the knowledge and skills they need to own their economic success, plan for their future, and make smart academic and economic choices. JA programs are delivered by corporate and community volunteers, and provide relevant, hands-on experiences that give students from kindergarten through high school knowledge and skills in financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship. Today, JA reaches more than 4.8 million students per year in 107 markets across the United States, with an additional 5.2 million students served by operations in 100 other countries worldwide. Junior Achievement USA is a member of JA Worldwide. Visit www.ja.org for more information.
SOURCE Junior Achievement USA