SEATTLE, Sept. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- APEX 2011 -- Skycast Solutions today unveiled the new TrayVu™ IFE system, the world's firsts IFE system to be integrated into the tray table. TrayVu™ represents a true industry break-through. TrayVu™ was designed to enhance airline profits, while improving the onboard customer experience.
"Airlines face tough conflicting pressures to lower costs, increase their ancillary revenues, without resorting to higher fees. Today's tech-savvy passengers expect and deserve a better onboard experience," said Bill Boyer, CEO of Skycast Solutions and inventor of the digEplayer. "The TrayVu™ IFE system was designed from the ground up to meet those challenges and expectations."
TrayVu™ represents a step-change approach for IFE. Features include:
- Only tray-integrated IFE system in the world (patents pending)
- Lightest seat-centric system available (less than 2lbs/seat)
- Fraction of the cost of seat-back systems
- Highly customizable Android platform
- Solid state tablet computer at each seat
- Faster and un-intrusive installation
- Easy maintenance: unit swaps with two screws and a plug
- No seat modifications necessary
With TrayVu™ Airlines and Customers Win
TrayVu™ is more than a great idea. The TrayVu™ IFE System uses the latest technology to maximize media and marketing opportunities for airline partners. Airline customers benefit by TrayVu's sleek design, simplicity, and user-friendliness including:
- Touch screen key pad and easy tablet navigation
- HD resolution on a 8.9" screen
- No 'head tapping' issues
- Wi-Fi compatibility
- Flexible viewing angles
- Premium and complimentary content including: 'Still in theaters' movies, TV shows, games, shopping, multiple passenger gaming, destination offers, and more.
- Point of sale at every seat allows guest to "run-a-tab™" and order food/drinks on-demand, as well as host other family members traveling anywhere in the aircraft.
"We are out to make flying more enjoyable," stated Greg Latimer, Skycast Solutions chief marketing officer. "By creating an IFE system that is both affordable and profitable, our goal is to bring cutting-edge inflight entertainment to millions more passengers.
About Skycast Solutions
Skycast Solutions was founded by Bill Boyer, inventor of the digEplayer, the world's first portable IFE offering. Boyer and a team of aviation veterans are the developers of the new TrayVu™ inflight entertainment system, the world's first IFE system integrated in the tray. The proprietary tray-table integration of TrayVu™ was designed from the ground-up to serve the needs of airlines seeking a lighter and more cost-effective alternative to traditional, heavy and expensive seat-back IFE systems. The TrayVu™ system incorporates a Samsung Galaxy tablet with an Android Honeycomb 3 platform and includes touch screen functionality, WI-FI compatibility, and a point of sale credit card reader at every seat. The Skycast Solutions TrayVu™ system is built for airlines seeking a low cost IFE option that will enhance their customer experience while generating significant ancillary revenue. For more information, visit www.skycastsolutions.com
SOURCE Skycast Solutions