SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global smart cities market size is anticipated to reach USD 2.57 trillion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a strong CAGR of 18.4% during the forecast period. Rising demand for smart city solutions is anticipated to be driven by factors such as growing urban population, need to better manage limited natural resources, and increasing focus on environmental sustainability.
Smart cities encapsulate an overwhelming number of different domains and application areas enhanced with technological advancements and their effective use in providing services to people. Be it a major tourism hub or a small community striving to become sustainable, smart city solutions have found their way in diverse areas of urban living. Rapid urbanization, obsolete infrastructure, adoption of new technologies, and need for improved quality of life are also driving industry growth.
The market addresses a diverse set of requirements, such as efficient mobility, smart and enhanced buildings and homes, optimum energy utilization, and better administrative services. Soaring adoption of novel technologies that complement management of cities of the future is a major catalyst in industry growth. The industry also stands to benefit from initiatives taken by national and regional governments, residents, and local businesses to implement projects and tend toward problems plaguing their cities.
The market encompasses myriad sectors such as healthcare, transport, water, assisted living, security, and energy and their implementation varies from city to city due to technological penetration in the region. High amount of initial financial investments, need for consolidation of different departments and sectors, and lack of a systemic approach may threaten industry growth. Nevertheless, the market is anticipated to grow at a rapid rate in the coming years, driven by the industries' renewed interest, availability of technology, and all-inclusive participation of industry stakeholders.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Smart Cities Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (Education, Governance, Buildings, Mobility, Healthcare, Utilities), By Component (Services, Solutions), And Segment Forecasts 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/smart-cities-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Communication infrastructure and web-based services are anticipated to play a major role in the industry's stride toward global adoption. The inevitable consolidation of services, infrastructure, data, and sensors will help in the creation of truly intelligent cities of the future
- Major hindrances in adoption and implementation of these technologies include concerns regarding privacy and security of data. Attempts have also been made at developing consortiums to support and standardize the market globally; however, this has been limited to certain regions and application areas due to lack of a systemic approach
- The industry is witnessing different forms of investment scenarios, such as Build Operate Transfer (BOT), Build Operate Manage (BOM), and Build Operate Own (BOO), which are gaining traction as major financial funding measures for smart cities
- The BOM model for investment and management is gaining popularity due to its ease of operation and a combined control over the infrastructure it offers to interested parties
- Key industry participants include ABB Group, Accenture, Cisco Systems, Schneider Electric, Siemens, IBM Corp., General Electric, and Microsoft. Companies such as Hitachi; Honeywell International Inc.; Intel; Oracle; Huawei Technologies Ltd.; and Johnson Controls are also at the forefront of developing smart city solutions
- The industry is also marked with a growing number of collaborations between governments and companies to develop and implement pilot projects.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Smart Thermostat Market - The global smart thermostat market was valued at USD 785.4 million in 2015, and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 18.7% (in terms of revenue) from the year 2016 to 2022.
- Smart Water Meters Market - The global smart water meters market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period owing to growing demand for energy conservation, and increasing government initiatives towards sustainable development.
- Transportation Systems And Analytics Market - Rapid globalization, high travel convenience, and hyper-urbanization are expected to drive the global transportation systems and analytics market growth in next few years.
- Wireless Charging Market - The global wireless charging market size was valued at USD 1.87 billion in 2014. Growth prospects for the market seem very bullish at the moment on account of growing adoption of this technology in consumer electronics devices such as smartphones and tablets.
Grand View Research has segmented the global smart cities market based on application, service, and region:
- Smart Cities Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014 - 2025)
- Smart Education
- Smart Governance
- Smart Buildings
- Smart Mobility
- Smart Healthcare
- Smart Utilities
- Smart Cities Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014 - 2025)
- Integration & Deployment
- Professional Services
- Smart Cities Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/technology
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.