LOS ANGELES, March 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ICAP Patent Brokerage, a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage firm and organizer of ICAP Ocean Tomo Auctions, is offering for auction a patented system of emergency exit signage that provides critical evacuation information during emergencies from Maurice Bligh. The lot will be included in the 15th ICAP Ocean Tomo IP Auction on March 29, 2012, at Terranea Resort near Los Angeles, California.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
This patent portfolio discloses a safety system to guide people swiftly, safely, and always away from the dangers that occur during emergencies in multi-level buildings or other structures above and below ground, aboard ships, oil-rigs, etc.
- This is achieved by intelligent microprocessors within a structure-wide network of sensors and LED illuminated units laid in the center of floors and walkways.
- The LED units form a continuous, narrow strip or 'information highway' at our feet.
- Language independent symbols, and/or additional helpful text messages (in any pre-determined language or combination of languages) are displayed to steer evacuees along safe assessed routes leading to their nearest and safest assessed designated exits. Simply, it's green for go and red for stop, danger, or don't go.
- The disclosed system can track hazardous spreading elements like fire, smoke, toxic gases and radiation; and the system automatically adjusts the way-out routes as circumstances change.
- Applications include bomb-scare scenarios, routine drills and directions.
- The system includes downloadable, real-time data for ingoing fire and rescue crews.
This IP is an important portfolio for manufacturers of security systems and LED applications with superior safety and utility for high rises, cruise ships, and other large, complex structures.
Companies who have cited this patent portfolio include:
Panasonic, Motorola, Honeywell International, En-gauge Inc., Emerson Electric, Sony and others.
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Paul Greco of ICAP Patent Brokerage at 212-815-6692 or [email protected]
About ICAP Patent Brokerage
ICAP Patent Brokerage is a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage and patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's leading interdealer broker and provider of post trade risk and information services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, FX, emerging markets and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. Through our post trade risk and information services we help our customers manage and mitigate risks in their portfolios. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Patent Brokerage