28 Jan, 2019, 09:45 ET
DUBLIN, Jan. 28, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Smart Home Market by Product (Lighting Control, Security & Access Control, HVAC, Entertainment, Smart Speaker, Home Healthcare, Smart Kitchen, Home Appliances, and Smart Furniture), Software & Services, and Region - Global Forecast to 2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The smart home market was valued at USD 76.62 billion in 2018 and is expected to reach USD 151.38 billion by 2024, at a CAGR of 12.02% during the forecast period.
The market for entertainment and other controls was valued at USD 22.72 billion in 2018. The large market share of this segment can be attributed to the high penetration rate of products such as smart meters and smoke. The increasing cost of electricity is a major concern for household consumers. These increasing costs are driving the households toward energy savings. Smart home appliances can communicate among themselves, and they have emerged as an effective solution to save energy. Thus, households are increasingly adopting smart home appliances to minimize their energy costs.
Moreover, the increasing popularity of smart plugs, smart hubs, and smart locks is also fueling the growth of the market for these products. The market for entertainment controls is driven by the increasing demand for audio and volume, and multimedia controls.
Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc. (US), Control 4 Corporations (US), Elan Home Systems (US), and Crestron Electronics, Inc. (US), The ASSA ABLOY Group (Sweden), and Whirlpool Corporation (US) are a few of the major manufacturers of entertainment and other controls for smart homes.
The market for lighting control is likely to grow at a CAGR of 13.26% to reach USD 26.68 billion by 2024 from USD 12.64 billion in 2018, during the forecast period. Lighting controls reduce electricity consumption in homes during the day; the sensors adjust the intensity of artificial light according to the intensity of natural light at the daytime. As lighting accounts for high electrical loads in homes, lighting control products such as occupancy sensors, switches, and dimmers are widely preferred by the homeowners.
- Growing Number of Internet Users and Increasing Adoption of Smart Devices
- Increasing Awareness About Fitness and Rise in Disposable Incomes in Developing Economies
- Increasing Importance of Home Monitoring in Remote Locations
- Rising Need for Energy-Saving and Low Carbon Emission-Oriented Solutions
- Cost Reduction Measures Enabled By Smart Homes
- Rapid Proliferation of Smartphones and Smart Gadgets
- Large Number of Manufacturers Expanding Their Smart Home Product Portfolios
- Growing Concern About Safety, Security, and Convenience Among People
- More Convenience-Driven Market Rather Than Being Necessity-Driven Market
- High Cost of Switching for Existing Smart Device Consumers
- Issues Related to Breach in Security and Privacy
- Favorable Government Regulations to Promote Green Buildings
- Expected Incorporation of Lighting Controllers With In-Built Data-Connectivity Technology
- Integration of Power Line Communication Technology in Smart Homes
- Linking Disparate Systems, Limited Functionality, and Lack of Open Standards
- Risks of Device Malfunctioning
Value Chain Analysis
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Opportunities for Companies in Smart Home Value Chain
Key Industry Trends
- Top Investors in Smart Home Market
- Honeywell International
- Siemens AG
- Johnson Controls International
- Schneider Electric SE
- United Technologies Corporation
- Amazon Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Assa Abloy
- Legrand SA
- ABB Ltd.
- Ingersoll-Rand PLC
- Comcast Corporation
- Hubbell Inc.
Other Key Companies
- LG Electronics
- Samsung Electronics
- Lutron Electronics Co.
- Crestron Electronics, Inc.
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Delta Controls
- Lennox International
- General Electric
- Axis Communications AB
- Distech Controls
- Nest Secure
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/r4xlbj/smart_home_market?w=5
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets
Share this article