CHICAGO, Feb. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Developed by Richard A. Bishel and represented by ICAP Ocean Tomo, this advanced electrical box provides monitoring and control functions for appliances with a variety of networking and electronic attributes. It provides a practical solution for the wide range of electronic characteristics – from heating and cooling systems, to kitchen appliances, to computers and the latest home entertainment components.
This portfolio will be auctioned off at ICAP Ocean Tomo's Spring 2011 Live IP Auction on March 31, 2011 in New York City.
Key Benefits & Characteristics
The patent discloses the following:
- An internet/intranet connectable electrical apparatus for monitoring and controlling electronic appliance operations.
- The apparatus comprises both hardware (e.g., sensors and controllers) and software (e.g., network communication protocols and web servers) necessary to monitor the working conditions of an appliance within the home environment.
- The apparatus can generate status reports. These reports comprise real-time snap-shots of the appliance and other appliance specific information (e.g., on/off status, power consumption, and load conditions).
- Reports can be displayed on a web page accessible through the Internet, thereby enabling remote monitoring of the appliance.
- The apparatus includes embedded software which enables a user to provide instructions (e.g., switch, on/off) via email.
- The apparatus provides an efficient method for performing household tasks.
- The apparatus provides a user-friendly interface that can remotely monitor multiple appliances. This can result in both increased convenience and lower operating costs.
- The apparatus can be connected via either wired or wireless means to other handheld or mobile devices, including PDAs and cellular phones.
- The apparatus is compact and can easily fit into a small electrical box or a single housing unit.
The disclosed technology offers the following opportunities:
- This patent should be of interest to Internet/ intranet service providers and entities involved in the manufacturing of home security systems, consumer appliances, the home improvement industry, and electric/network equipment.
- The global markets for network switches and home broadband network equipment were expected to be $17 billion and $8.1 billion respectively in 2010.(1)(2)
- The US home security market was estimated to reach $9 billion in 2010.(3)
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio: Contact Dean Becker of ICAP Ocean Tomo at Dean.Becker@us.icap.com
About ICAP Ocean Tomo LLC
ICAP Ocean Tomo is the intellectual property brokerage division of ICAP and the world's premier patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's premier interdealer broker and provider of post trade services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, emerging markets, equities and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. ICAP plc was added to the FTSE 100 Index on 30 June 2006. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Ocean Tomo