IRVINE, Calif., June 28, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Netwrix Corporation, provider of a visibility platform for data security and risk mitigation in hybrid environments, today announced the release of its infographics on IT Risks in SMBs and Large Enterprises. Part of the recently published Netwrix 2017 IT Risks Report, these infographics are based on feedback provided by IT specialists working in organizations of various sizes around the globe.
The infographics on IT Risks in SMBs and Large Enterprises provide insight into IT security practices, pains, successful experiences and plans. The IT risks are divided into three areas: security, compliance and operations.
The key findings concerning security are:
- 73% of SMBs and 33% of large organizations do not have a separate information security function. In SMBs, 80% of IT operations teams are at least partially responsible for security; the same is true for 56% of IT operations teams in large organizations.
- The main security focus for large organizations is database security; 65% of them claim to have complete visibility into user activity and IT changes in databases. SMBs have been focusing on protecting endpoints, with 60% of them saying they have complete visibility into activity and IT changes there.
- While organizations of all sizes experience difficulties in taming BYOD and shadow IT, only large enterprises see the challenge as critical for the overall security of their IT infrastructures (34% for BYOD and 41% for shadow IT). SMBs consider visibility into on-premises systems (49%), cloud systems (36%) and corporate mobile devices (34%) to be most critical for security.
- Quite expectedly, lack of budget and insufficient staff training were named as the main obstacles to better security by organizations of all sizes. But large enterprises also pointed to the complexity of their IT infrastructures, while SMBs complained about lack of time.
- Despite all the differences, organizations of all sizes are planning to take or strengthen a data-centric approach to security by investing in protection against data breaches (34% of SMBs and 50% of large organizations), intellectual property theft (31% of SMBs and 41% of large organizations) and fraud (31% of SMBs and 41% of large organizations).
- Overall, only 25% of SMBs and 25% of large enterprises say they are well prepared to beat cyber risks.
"Even though large organizations are believed to have significant resources for maintaining security, they are no less vulnerable than SMBs when it comes to actual IT risks. To mitigate those risks, large organizations have been focusing their effort on what is truly critical — data. We see a growing interest from SMBs in adopting a data-centric approach as well. SMBs are striving to gain visibility into user activity around data to become more proactive and successful in dealing with cyber threats," said Michael Fimin, CEO and co-founder of Netwrix.
To learn more about the IT risks SMBs and large enterprises face today, please visit: www.netwrix.com/go/2017itrisksbyorgsize.
About Netwrix Corporation
Netwrix Corporation was the first vendor to introduce a visibility and governance platform for hybrid cloud security. More than 160,000 IT departments worldwide rely on Netwrix to detect insider threats on premises and in the cloud, pass compliance audits with less effort and expense, and increase productivity of IT security and operations teams. Founded in 2006, Netwrix has earned more than 100 industry awards and been named to both the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. For more information, visit www.netwrix.com.
Avista PR for Netwrix
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/smbs-focus-on-endpoint-security-while-large-enterprises-prioritize-data-security-says-netwrix-survey-300481112.html
SOURCE Netwrix Corporation