SPRINGFIELD, Mass., Jan. 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Smith & Wesson® Holding Corporation (Nasdaq Global Select: SWHC), parent company of Smith & Wesson Corp., the legendary 158-year-old company in the global business of safety, security, protection and sport, announced today that it unveiled several new models and extensions to its firearms portfolio this week at the 2010 Shooting Hunting & Outdoor Trade (SHOT) Show held in Las Vegas, Nevada. The product lineup featured the debut of a new line of firearms designed specifically for personal-protection, the Smith & Wesson BODYGUARDS, as well as new pistol, revolver and tactical rifle extensions to the company's Military & Police (M&P) Series, Pro Series and Classics product lines. In addition, Smith & Wesson also introduced new firearms from the Performance Center and Custom Engraving Shop along with several new small-frame revolvers.
Sponsored by the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the four-day SHOT Show is the largest trade show of its kind in the world. Featuring over 1,800 exhibiting companies, the 32nd annual SHOT Show attracted more than 48,000 industry professionals representing all 50 states and numerous foreign countries. Among the new Smith & Wesson firearms launched at the trade show were:
- BODYGUARD® Series – A new semi-automatic pistol and revolver featuring a uniquely engineered lightweight, compact frame with built-in laser sights, developed in conjunction with Insight Technology.
- M&P Rifle Series – Three new M&P15-22 rifles, including a rifle with a threaded barrel along with two multi-state compliant models.
- Pro Series – New pistol and revolver models designed as a ready-to-go package for competitive shooting and self-defense, including new M&P pistol models and small-frame revolvers cut to accept moon clips.
- Classics Series – Two new retro-revolvers (Model 10 and Model 48), each based on popular past models from Smith & Wesson's 158-year-old history.
- Performance Center – Four new revolvers blending old-world craftsmanship with modern technology, each designed with exclusive features available only through Smith & Wesson.
- Custom Engraving Shop – Four new models featuring intricate machine engraving, which add value and aesthetics to these highly sought after steel canvases.
- Revolvers – Three new J-frame revolvers available with or without Crimson Trace® Lasergrips®, each revolver featuring a new 2 1/2-inch barrel design for increased sight radius along with a full-length extractor.
"As the premier trade convention in the industry, SHOT Show is always an exciting time for our company," said Tom Kelly, Vice President of Marketing for Smith & Wesson and Thompson/Center Arms. "For 2010, we have expanded our robust product line with the introduction of several new models geared toward personal-protection and recreational shooting. Most notably, we introduced a new compact pistol and revolver - the BODYGUARDS. Built from the ground up, these uniquely engineered models feature integrated laser sights designed by Insight Technology, a lightweight frame, and numerous other advancements that make the new BODYGUARD pistol and revolver an easy-to-use, accurate, self-defense firearm."
Kelly continued, "We also introduced new model extensions to our popular M&P Series, Pro Series and Classics Series, and unveiled four new firearms from the Smith & Wesson Performance Center and Custom Engraving Shop. In all, the public response to our new product lines has been very positive. We look forward to building on the strength of the Smith & Wesson brand throughout 2010 and we will remain committed to staying alert and responsive to the needs and requests of our consumers."
In addition to a variety of activities at the Smith & Wesson booth, the company hosted a special media day before the opening of the convention. Held at American Shooters, the event was cosponsored by Thompson/Center Arms, Walther®, Hornady®, Coleman®, Trijicon®, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Dallas Safari Club and Insight Technology. During the event, industry media were given the opportunity to speak one-on-one with product managers and executive staff as well as test new models from each sponsor. The event, which was attended by over 150 industry professionals, included representatives from radio, television and print media.
About Smith & Wesson
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (Nasdaq: SWHC) is a U.S.-based, global provider of products and services for safety, security, protection and sport. The company designs and constructs facility perimeter security solutions for military and commercial applications, and delivers a broad portfolio of firearms and related training to the military, law enforcement and sports markets. SWHC companies include Smith & Wesson Corp., the globally recognized manufacturer of quality firearms; Universal Safety Response, a full-service perimeter security integrator, barrier manufacturer and installer; and Thompson/Center Arms Company, Inc., a premier designer and manufacturer of premium hunting firearms. SWHC facilities are located in Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, and Tennessee. For more information on Smith & Wesson and its companies, call (800) 331-0852 or log on to www.smith-wesson.com; www.usrgrab.com; or www.tcarms.com.
Industry Contact: Matt Rice
Blue Heron Communications
Liz Sharp, VP Investor Relations
Smith & Wesson Holding Corp.
(480) 949-9700 x. 115
SOURCE Smith & Wesson