01 Nov, 2018, 10:07 ET
KENOSHA, Wis., Nov. 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Snap-on has once again been recognized by technicians and leading industry trade media for "breakthrough originality" in its latest products. For its annual "People's Choice" awards, Professional Tools & Equipment News (PTEN) asks readers to voice their opinions on the top products among those nominated for the magazine's Innovation Awards. Snap-on Incorporated racked up more "People's Choice" winners than any company in the five-year history of the program. Snap-on Tools collected 14 awards, while Snap-on Diagnostics and Mitchell1 combined for four more. As a result, Snap-on products were chosen by readers as the most popular in 18 of the 27 "People's Choice" categories.
In addition to PTEN, MOTOR magazine honored Snap-on among its Top 20 Tools for 2018. Snap-on Tools won for the CTR767 3/8″ Drive Cordless Long-Neck Ratchet. The John Bean (a Snap-on brand) V2280 Imaging Wheel Alignment System was also named a Top 20 Tool. Both PTEN and MOTOR presented their awards at the 2018 Automotive Aftermarket Industry Week (AAPEX) Show in Las Vegas earlier this week.
"These awards validate the priority Snap-on places on listening to and observing our customers, and our ability to respond innovatively and effectively to their needs. Being chosen both by industry experts and technicians themselves is a true reflection of the Snap-on innovation that is born out of that customer connection," says Ben Brenton, Snap-on vice president of innovation. "We are grateful for these honors and proud to design, engineer and manufacture solutions for a more productive work environment."
Snap-on was honored with Professional Tool & Equipment News (PTEN) "People's Choice" awards for the following products:
- Air Conditioning Service: Polartek® YF A/C Machine (EEAC333) – works on both standard and hybrid vehicles and is 10 percent faster than previous units
- Air Tools: 1/2″ Drive Air Impact Wrench (PT850) – lightweight powerhouse delivers 1,190 ft-lb of bolt breakaway torque, 810 ft-lb of max torque with 1,270 bpm
- Battery Service Equipment: 12 V Li-Ion Compact Engine Starter/USB Charger and Light (EEJP201MBK) – safely jumps sport, motorcycle and four and eight cylinder vehicles, even in below freezing temperatures
- Electrical Systems: Digital Multimeter, Circuit Tester and "Y" Terminal Master Kit (EEDMCT-KIT) – all-in-one collection of electrical testing solutions
- Engine Service & Repair: 1/4″ Drive Flex-Head TechAngle® Micro Torque Wrench (ATECH1FS240) – designed for close clearance work and weighing less than a pound, it packs powerful features in a compact steel body
- Hand Tools: 3/8″ Drive Dual 80® Technology Extra-Long Handle Flex-Head Ratchet (FLLF80) – flexible head makes wrenching easier in hard-to-reach applications, while Dual 80® technology ensures minimum swing arc
- Inspection Tools, Lab Scopes: Video Inspection Scope (BK3000) – detects problems in hard-to-reach areas and diagnoses issues from one screen
- Lighting: 750 Lumen Project Light (ECPRA072) – aluminum body is compact and lightweight with a USB-C port, eliminating the need for a cable or cord
- Tire, Wheel Service: Swing Arm Tire Changer (EEWH329A) – ideal mid-range tire changer with convenient mount-dismount head and four-jaw, self-centering clamp
- Tool Storage: 72″ Masters Series Roll Cab with PowerDrawer and SpeeDrawer (KMP1163) – in addition to dedicated charging and organizing drawers, this next-level productivity center's extended cab also affords two extra-wide top drawers
- Power Tools: 3/8″ Drive Cordless Long-Neck Ratchet (CTR767) – removes and installs fasteners swiftly and efficiently
- Welding: 20 A Plasma Arc Cutting Machine (PLASMA20i) – portable system is lightweight, but packs a punch with capability to cut up to 1/4" steel and sever up to 3/8" material
- Chemicals: 4-Pack Black Cherry Hand Cleaner (WOD1125ACSA) – concentrated, water-activated formula, made with 100 percent biodegradable surfactants
- Personal Gear: Heated Hoodie (SSX17P111) – keeps technicians warm and dry and their mobile devices charged
- Diagnostic Test Equipment: ZEUS Intelligent Diagnostic and Information System (EEMS342) – not only comprehensive enough to provide all the diagnostic and repair tips technicians need, it's smart enough to skip the ones they don't
- Scan Tools: ETHOS Edge Scan Tool (EESC332) – full-function scan tool that's ready to take on any vehicle in the bay, all day and every day
- Repair Information: Mitchell1 ProDemand 1Search Plus – enhanced ProDemand auto repair information with new interface that streamlines user experience with an easy-to-use graphical design and intuitive workflow
- Computers and Software: Mitchell1 Social CRM LocalSearch – new feature to SocialCRM to help make auto repair business more visible online when consumers search for auto repair
Customers can learn more about these award-winning tools and others by contacting their participating Snap-on franchisee or other sales representative, visiting www.snapon.com or calling toll free 877-SNAPON-4 (877-762-7664).
To U.S. Publications Only
Snap-on Incorporated is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of tools, equipment, diagnostics, repair information and systems solutions for professional users performing critical tasks. Products and services include hand and power tools, tool storage, diagnostics software, information and management systems, shop equipment and other solutions for vehicle dealerships and repair centers, as well as for customers in industries including aviation and aerospace, agriculture, construction, government and military, mining, natural resources, power generation and technical education. Snap-on also derives income from various financing programs to facilitate the sales of its products and support its franchise business. Products and services are sold through the company's franchisee, company-direct, distributor and internet channels. Founded in 1920, Snap-on is a $3.7 billion, S&P 500 company headquartered in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
Share this article