SAN MATEO, Calif., Feb. 6, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Snowflake Computing, the only data warehouse built for the cloud, today announced that nominations are open for the first annual Data Drivers global awards program. The Data Drivers Awards will recognize both companies and individuals who exemplify what it means to implement data-driven strategies that deliver increased innovation, business value and customer experience.
The Data Drivers Awards program features three nomination categories: Business Awards, Individual & Team Awards, and the most coveted award of all, Data Driver of the Year. Within the Business and Individual & Team Awards are multiple sub-categories for nomination. For each award, four finalists will be chosen by a panel of industry experts and Snowflake leaders.
2019 Data Drivers Awards categories are:
- Machine Learning Masters
- An organization that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to reveal data-driven insights to transform the customer journey and the user experience
- Data Sharing Leaders
- An organization revolutionizing data as a strategic business asset, transforming their business through easily and securely sharing and monetizing live, governed data with customers and business partners
- Data For Good
- An organization using enhanced data analytics to help save, extend and improve lives and/or the environment, globally
Individual & Team Awards
- Data Executive of the Year (Individual)
- A key individual (CTO, CIO, or VP-level) who serves as the strategic leader, pioneering cloud data analytics within their organization and breaking new ground in their industry
- Data Pioneer of the Year (Individual)
- A technology leader championing and driving the implementation of their company's modern data analytics program
- Data Science Manager of the Year (Individual)
- A technology trailblazer who has implemented a world-class data science program within their organization through data visualization
- Best Data Team (Team):
- An outstanding business intelligence or data science team driving the success of its data-driven enterprise by unifying enterprise data and empowering analytics users
- 2019 Data Driver of the Year
- This top category honors an organization that epitomizes what it means to be data-driven. The winner will have a story that shows how a well-implemented cloud data analytics strategy impacts numerous facets within their business.
In addition to recognition as one of the most innovative technology trailblazers in the world, Data Drivers Awards finalists will receive a VIP pass, round-trip airfare and hotel accommodations for Snowflake Summit, Snowflake's first global user conference taking place in San Francisco from June 3-6, 2019. Winners in each category will be announced onstage at the Snowflake Summit during a keynote presentation by Snowflake CEO Bob Muglia.
"We are both honored and excited to showcase the companies and individuals utilizing Snowflake to empower their businesses, partners and customers with data-driven insights," Snowflake Chief Marketing Officer, Denise Persson said. "These leaders will help enable the Data Economy. They embody what it means to be fact-based and data-driven."
Snowflake customers can submit for nomination starting today and running through March 28, 2019. Finalists will be announced in early April and winners will be notified confidentially ahead of the public announcement at Snowflake Summit.
- Read more about the only data warehouse built for the cloud at Snowflake.com
- Nominate for the Data Drivers Awards
- Learn more about Snowflake Summit
About Snowflake Computing
Snowflake is the only data warehouse built for the cloud, enabling the data-driven enterprise with instant elasticity, secure data sharing and per-second pricing, across multiple clouds. Snowflake combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits. Find out more at snowflake.com.
SOURCE Snowflake Computing