HOUSTON, Jan. 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The newest Verizon Destination Store in the country kicked off 2015 with a free, two-day event that featured some of the hottest social media celebrities and pop music artists.
On Saturday, Jan. 10, 2015 and Sunday, Jan. 11, 2015 fans had the opportunity to visit the Houston Verizon Destination Store and win tickets to an invitation only concert on Sunday evening at the Bayou Music Center. Over the weekend, fans toured the new store and were randomly selected for meet and greet sessions with the featured talent.
Appearances were made by:
- The American pop duo Jack & Jack, released their single Wild Life which peaked at number two on iTunes in 2014. In addition to their musical career, both create Vine videos for their over 4.8 million followers.
- Jake Miller is a 21-year-old Miami-born pop artist that began posting his original songs on YouTube and has millions of social media fans who call themselves the "Millertary."
- Nash Grier recently became one of the most popular Vine stars when he reached 10.3 million followers. Some of his most popular vines are about the comedic moments in his life.
- Princess Lauren, whose real name is Lauren Giraldo, is a 16-year-old Vine star with more than three million followers. The young comedian began micro-blogging on Vine when the site first began in 2012.
- Anthony Quintal, commonly known as Lohanthony, is a 16-year-old YouTube personality who has gained over one million YouTube subscribers. He served as emcee of the weekend's event.
"Each of these Vine stars, YouTube sensations and Twitter gurus are setting the stage for how the next generation uses technology in their everyday lives," said Krista Bourne, president – Houston/Gulf Coast Region, Verizon Wireless. "We had so much fun hosting them and their thousands of fans at the Houston Verizon Destination Store. It was an experience like none other."
A Concert, Meet and Greets and More
On Saturday and Sunday, fans visited the Verizon Destination Store on BLVD Place for a tour of the store and interaction with the new Lifestyle Zones. Fans were then eligible to win tickets to the concert on Sunday, January 11, a VIP meet and greet, Verizon gift cards or other exclusive prizes.
The Verizon Destination Store in Houston opened on Nov. 24, 2014 in the upscale BLVD Place mixed-use development. The 12,224 square foot, two-story store is designed to create an integrated, hands-on technology retail experience for today's sophisticated technology shopper.
For Verizon Wireless Updates on Twitter
Stay in the know about Verizon Wireless news in Houston, Beaumont, Bryan College Station and Lufkin by following @VZWGretchen on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWGretchen. For the latest on products, corporate initiatives and perspectives, follow @VZWNews at http://twitter.com/VZWnews.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest and most reliable 4G LTE network. As the largest wireless company in the U.S., Verizon Wireless serves 106.2 million retail customers, including 100.1 million retail postpaid customers. Verizon Wireless is wholly owned by Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE,Nasdaq: VZ). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. For the latest news and updates about Verizon Wireless, visit our News Center at http://www.verizonwireless.com/news or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNews.