SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- SoFi today announced its first-ever 'SoFi Accelerate' event series for ambitious millennials looking to break away, look beyond, and get ahead in their careers. SoFi Accelerate is a series of one-day retreats taking place just outside Chicago, New York City, and San Francisco that will give event attendees the time and space to think big—as well as the tools and structures to make their career goals happen.
Launching in September, the retreats will consist of creative visioning and leadership exercises, career strategy sessions with SoFi career advisors, and inspirational talks from unconventional thinkers like criminal justice reform advocate Adam Foss, Stanford professor and co-founder of Electronic Arts Dave Evans, and Gretchen Rubin, author of New York Times bestseller The Happiness Project, among others on how to set and achieve professional goals.
"SoFi cares about more than money. We care just as much about our members' careers and relationships," says Joanne Bradford, SoFi's Chief Marketing Officer. "We hear every day from members who are either looking to energize their existing career path, or chart an entirely new course. With SoFi Accelerate, we've created an environment for young professionals to explore how to do both."
The event also includes transportation to and from the retreat venues, complimentary breakfast and lunch, and a concluding cocktail reception. Both members and non-members can learn more about the program here and sign up via links to each city: www.sofi.com/blog/introducing-accelerate-sofis-first-ever-career-retreat/
The SoFi Accelerate experience will include:
SoFi Accelerate will offer its programming in unconventional retreat settings to encourage expansive views and open minds. These venues include the Chicago Botanic Garden (Glencoe, IL), Grounds for Sculpture (Hamilton Township, NJ), and Montalvo Arts Center (Saratoga, CA).
A panel of experts from unexpected (i.e. outside of the financial planning realm) and highly relevant disciplines discuss how to create and execute on life, career, and financial goals. These speakers will include:
- Ryan Holiday: Writer, media strategist, entrepreneur, and editor-at-large for the New York Observer
- Adam Foss: Criminal justice reform advocate; co-founder of Roxbury CHOICE Program, a collaborative effort between defendants, the court, the probation department, and the D.A. to recast probation as a transformative experience rather than a punitive process
- Dave Evans: Former tech executive at Apple and Electronic Arts, Stanford d. School professor, and co-author of the New York Times Bestseller Designing Your Life
- Irene Au: Operating partner at venture capital firm Khosla Ventures, former head of User Experience at Google
- Gretchen Rubin: New York Times bestselling author of The Happiness Project and Happier at Home, and most recently, Better Than Before
- Coss Marte: Ex-drug dealer, ex-convict, and founder of ConBody, a "prison-style" fitness boot camp with a loyal following of 10,000+ clients that employs formerly incarcerated individuals, giving ex-convicts stability and breaking down barriers between them and the general population
In a move to ensure maximum connectivity and networking, SoFi will provide a digital network to attendees before, during, and after each event.
ONSITE VISUAL INSPIRATION
Over the course of the day, a local artist will incorporate points of inspiration (speaker quotes, participant's vision statements, quotes via event hashtags and onsite polling) into a large scale mural in real time.
Participants will walk away with a clear vision statement, attainable roadmap, actionable 30-day plan, new supportive connections, a platform for resources and continued engagement, and ongoing access to SoFi's network of career advisors.
About SoFi Career Advisory Group
SoFi's Career Advisory Group is committed to supporting SoFi members both financially and professionally. Our members have invested a ton in building their careers, and our career coaches are here to help them get the most value from it. As a SoFi member, you can work one-on-one with an experienced career coach to map out your next move, create a plan, and identify what success and fulfillment mean for you. For more information, visit SoFi.com/Career-Advisory.
SoFi is a new kind of finance company taking a radical approach to lending, wealth management and insurance. From unprecedented products and tools to faster service and open conversations, we're all about helping our members get ahead and find success. Whether they're looking to buy a home, save money on student loans, ascend in their careers, or invest in the future, the SoFi community works to empower our members to accomplish the goals they set and achieve financial greatness as a result. For more information, visit SoFi.com.
Director of Consumer Communications