LOS ANGELES, Dec. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- GOOD, a global media brand and social impact company, and Google announced the addition of Solange, D∆WN aka Dawn Richard, The Miguel Atwood-Ferguson Ensemble, Fantastic Negrito, Jimmy LaValle of The Album Leaf, among others, to the GOODFest lineup. Solange earned her first Grammy nomination in the Best R&B Performance category for "Cranes in the Sky," while Fantastic Negrito is nominated for Best Contemporary Blues Album category for The Last Days of Oakland. Also in line for his first Grammy is Hampton, VA hitmaker D.R.A.M. who was nominated for Best Rap/Sung Performance for his chart-topping multi platinum hit "Broccoli" (feat Lil Yachty). D∆WN will close out GOODFest alongside The Miguel Atwood-Ferguson Ensemble in Los Angeles.
Every GOODFest show will be livestreamed on YouTube Live and Facebook Live with limited capacity for in-person attendees. People can sign up for reminders, donate to causes, and get tickets at www.goodfest.live.
- Humanity: Members of Gogol Bordello and Nick Zinner of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs (Dec. 9, New Orleans, La.) — Members of Gogol Bordello will play with Nick Zinner of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs to perform a one-off experience at Music Box Village with spoken word and music by Tank of Tank and The Bangas. This event is all ages and DADA-inspired dress encouraged. Proceeds from ticket sales will benefit the Equal Justice Initiative which is committed to ending mass incarceration, challenging racial and economic injustice, and protecting basic human rights for the most vulnerable people in American society.
- Earth: D.R.A.M. with the Seattle Rock Orchestra (Dec. 12, Seattle, Wash.) — D.R.A.M. will play with accompaniment from the Seattle Rock Orchestra at Neumos. The evening will be emceed by Hollis Wong-Wear, who will also perform a few original songs with her band The Flavr Blue in collaboration with Seattle Rock Orchestra. Proceeds from ticket sales will support 350 Seattle — a local chapter of 350.org focused on building a passionate grassroots movement for climate justice.
- Equality: Solange, Fantastic Negrito (Dec. 16, Oakland, CA) — Solange will play a trio of songs selected from her new album A Seat At The Table at the Starline Social Club. The evening will feature an opening performance by Fantastic Negrito in addition to performances from local artists. Ticket sales will support two nonprofits dedicated to creating more equal opportunities for everyone, especially the underserved: Son of a Saint, aiming to enhance the lives of boys who become fatherless due to their father's incarceration, death or abandonment; and Ella Baker Center, building the power of black, brown, and poor people to break the cycles of incarceration and poverty.
- Love: D∆WN aka Dawn Richard, The Miguel Atwood-Ferguson Ensemble featuring Bilal, Jimmy LaValle of The Album Leaf (Dec. 21, Los Angeles, CA) — Following her critically-acclaimed album REDEMPTION, Dawn Richard will play the Ace Hotel Theatre alongside The Miguel Atwood-Ferguson Ensemble featuring Bilal as well as a performance by Jimmy LaValle of The Album Leaf. Proceeds will go to support the Southern Poverty Law Center, an organization dedicated to fighting hate and bigotry.
- Sign up for the livestream and buy tickets at www.goodfest.live
GOODFest is presented by GOOD and Pixel, a phone by Google, in collaboration with major artists and innovative nonprofits to highlight signs of progress around the globe. Each show will rally support for one or two nonprofit organizations through a combination of ticket sales as well as online and text donations.
Google is working with GOOD to deliver a digital festival through its powerful technology, including the new Pixel phone. Each GOODFest concert will be livestreamed on YouTube and Facebook to audiences across the world, with a GOODFest experience filmed for virtual reality distribution on Google's new VR headset Daydream. The Pixel will be used to capture photos and behind-the-scenes content, highlighting its superior low-light capabilities. All show content will live on goodfest.live.
"We're thrilled to develop innovative programs like this with GOOD that continue to blur the lines between creative, media and technology. With the launch of GOODFest, we're continuing to re-define what content and captivating experiences mean for tomorrow through the use of digital festivals and virtual reality today. Our work with GOOD, their platform and their audience is integral to the success of the program." - Eddie Revis, NA Director of Partnerships + Emerging Media, Essence.
Seattle Artwork: http://good-mag.co/dramart
About GOOD Worldwide Inc.
GOOD Worldwide is a global media brand and social impact company with offices in Los Angeles and New York. GOOD Media elevates creative solutions to global issues by engaging directly with a broad audience of global citizens via a website and quarterly magazine. GOOD Worldwide also includes GOOD Corps, a consultancy partnering with top companies and foundations to build impact-driven programs, and GOOD Studio, an agency offering creative services for purpose-driven brands.
Essence is a global digital agency that blends data science, objective media and captivating experiences to build valuable connections between brands and consumers. Clients include Google, HP Inc., Tesco Mobile and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 600 people strong, manages over $950MM in media spend and deploys campaigns in 71 markets via offices in Chicago, Delhi, London, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo. Part of GroupM, Essence is majority owned by WPP, the world's leading communications services group. Visit essencedigital.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essencedigital.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/solange-dwn-aka-dawn-richard-the-miguel-atwood-ferguson-ensemble-fantastic-negrito-to-join-goodfest-a-livestreamed-music-festival-to-inspire-optimism-and-action-around-five-causes-presented-by-good-and-google-300379428.html