COPENHAGEN, Denmark, Aug. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- As software-defined networking (SDN) and network functions virtualization (NFV) enter into the commercialization phase, the general consensus in the industry is that the move to a pure software model will enable new levels of service agility that traditional networks have never been able to achieve. In support of this rapid growth, Napatech's recent webinar, "Network Management and Security Requirements for SDN/NFV Networks," addressed the challenge of supporting SDN/ NFV requirements in the 100G era through real-time network insight into IP traffic. To learn more about network management and security requirements for SDN/NFV networks, visit http://www.napatech.com/about/resources/webinars.
Detailing the shortcomings of standard Ethernet ports, industry experts spoke on how analysis acceleration hardware is needed to address the challenges in managing these environments.
- Market research substantiates challenges – RnRMarketResearch reports that in spite of predictions of the substantial growth in the SDN market, hardware is still expected to play a significant role in overall network infrastructure. The firm also reported that software-defined networks offer enormous opportunities in the coming years, predicting that in 2018-2019, approximately 35-40 percent of overall network spending will be on SDN.
- Real-time analysis essential to performance – Insight into network and service usage provides the intelligence for SDN controllers and NFV management to act. This analysis can be used to reroute traffic, increase bandwidth in a certain area, change service parameters or even offer a new service or upgrade.
- By using Napatech accelerators in commercial off-the-shelf servers, network equipment manufacturers can build appliances that provide intelligent analysis.
- Products range from 1 to 100 Gbps, enabling analysis of applications and services through guaranteed data delivery and nanosecond time-stamping resolution.
- Utilizing this technology, Napatech partners such as Procera, Qosmos and ipoque provide deep packet inspection (DPI) that enables real-time insight into both network and service performance, even for over-the-top services.
Dan Joe Barry, vice president of marketing, Napatech, said:
"Network equipment manufacturers must find a way to fulfill the SDN/NFV promise of agility and flexibility. Real-time insight is the key to network and service usage. Triggers can be built in to enhance the capabilities of addressing management and security issues in these environments, as well assuring quality of experience."
Napatech (OSE: NAPA) is the world's leading supplier of accelerators for network management and security applications. As data volume and complexity grow, the performance of these applications needs to stay ahead of the speed of networks in order to do their jobs. We make this possible, for even the most demanding financial, telecom, corporate and government networks. Now and in the future, we enable our customers' applications to run faster than the networks they need to manage and protect. For more information, visit www.napatech.com.
No Forward-Looking Statements
This press release may be deemed to contain forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and may differ materially from actual future events or results due to a variety of factors, including, among other things, business and economic conditions and growth trends in the networking industry, our customer markets and various geographic regions; global economic conditions and uncertainties in the geopolitical environment other macro-economic factors and other risk factors set forth in Napatech's reports. Any forward-looking statements in this release are based on limited information currently available to Napatech, which is subject to change, and Napatech will not necessarily update the information.