BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- Sonus' VellOS is an award-winning, application-aware network intelligence solution that allows customers to optimize and monetize their Cloud exchange network to supply on-demand Cloud services.
- VellOS Release 8.1 advances Sonus' topology discovery and application-aware path computation, enabling service provider revenue generation from per-flow SLAs.
- This release also enhances network security by adapting packet forwarding rules based upon dynamic security policy decisions.
Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in secure and intelligent Cloud communications, introduced today VellOS Release 8.1. Sonus' VellOS is a programmable network control platform that permits service providers and enterprises to enhance, secure and monetize their Cloud exchange network. This release extends network layer security in support of a multi-layer security architecture, ensuring that organizations can dynamically implement security policies at the network layer. VellOS enables this by delivering programmable segmentation of application traffic and business policy management tied directly to traffic forwarding rules.
VellOS also provides dynamic path management – seamlessly handling changing network conditions. This functionality offers peace of mind to network administrators by meeting mission critical traffic SLAs and optimizing network resource utilization.
"With CIOs constantly needing to respond to network threats, having a secure, dynamic network provides a competitive advantage to both service providers and enterprises," said Mykola Konrad, Sonus vice president, Product Management and Marketing. "VellOS Release 8.1 increases the IT organization's ability to ensure mission critical application delivery, while simultaneously providing a way to secure those applications."
- VellOS Release 8.1 will be generally available in March 2016.
- VellOS is designed to provide solutions for Network-as-a-Service; backup and disaster recovery; application optimization and network security.
- VellOS received a "2015 Cloud Computing Product of the Year" award from TMCnet and a 2016 INTERNET TELEPHONY "Product of the Year" award.
- Visit Sonus during Mobile World Congress 2016 in Hall 6 Stand 6G11.
- For more information on VellOS, click here.
Sonus Networks, SONS, VellOS, Release 8.1, Cloud exchange networking, virtualization, security, SLAs, Network-as-a-Service, backup and disaster recovery, application optimization
Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by enabling and securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can intelligently secure and prioritize real-time communications, while Service Providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Cloud Exchange Networking Platform, Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways. Visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS. Follow Sonus on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus' business, please refer to the "Risk Factors" section of Sonus' most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
Jason Vancura, +1-978-614-8321
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sonus-augments-network-layer-security-and-optimizes-cloud-services-delivery-with-vellos-release-81-300223836.html
SOURCE Sonus Networks, Inc.