WESTFORD, Mass., Nov. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- The Sonus SBC SWe was named a 2016 "Cloud Computing Security Excellence Award" winner by Cloud Computing magazine.
- The Sonus SBC SWe is the leading Cloud-optimized SBC architected to enable and secure real-time communications in the Cloud without compromise.
- On Wednesday, November 16, 2016, Sonus will host a free webinar with AT&T and Heavy Reading on the technical requirements for real-time communications to be delivered in the Cloud.
Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in secure and intelligent Cloud communications, announced today that the Sonus Session Border Controller Software edition (SBC SWe) was named a 2016 "Cloud Computing Security Excellence Award" winner by Cloud Computing magazine.
One of the chief causes of delay, or even rejection, of Cloud migration has been security. As customers move real-time communications to the Cloud, the SBC SWe provides a Cloud-optimized approach for security, delivering the same robust experience as hardware-based SBCs. The innovative solution acts as a real-time firewall for Cloud networks, protecting Unified Communications (UC) against data breaches, Denial of Service (DoS) and SIP-based attacks. Running truly in the Cloud - no proprietary hardware or physical digital signaling processors are required to support any of the SBC SWe's features, including encryption and transcoding.
To continue educating the marketplace, Sonus will co-host a webinar with AT&T and Heaving Reading on November 16, 2016 at 11:00 am ET to discuss more technical requirements for real-time communications in the Cloud. Live attendees of this webinar will receive a $5 Amazon® gift card for participating. * This webinar will discuss:
- How the adoption of a microservices architecture increases scale, performance and flexibility;
- How to leverage Graphics Processing Units (GPUs) for media transcoding; and
- The benefits of a complete Cloud solution.
"Security is a concern on-premises and in the Cloud, but the latter magnifies the situation," said Kevin Riley, CTO and SVP, Engineering and Operations, Sonus. "Either way, if a bad actor can access an organization through an unsecure real-time service, they can then move laterally into other mission critical areas of the business. Every application is equally important to protect and, with the SBC SWe, organizations can ensure their real-time communications are secure."
"Recognizing leaders in the advancement of Cloud computing, TMC and Cloud Computing magazine are proud to announce Sonus as a recipient of the Cloud Computing Security Excellence Award for its SBC SWe," said Rich Tehrani, CEO, TMC. "Sonus is being honored for its achievement in bringing innovation and excellence to the market, while leveraging the latest technology trends."
- In an independent third-party test, the Sonus SBC SWe successfully handled sustained DoS attacks, high call overloads and registration floods with no negative impact on SBC performance or call quality. The SBC SWe also provided no loss of system performance at full endpoint capacity during a registration avalanche.
- Download a free copy of the Miercom report, Sonus SBC SWe Session Border Controller Independent Performance Verification.
- Watch a video on Sonus' Cloud-optimized SBCs.
Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by enabling and securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can intelligently secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Cloud Exchange Networking Platform, Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways. Visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS. Follow Sonus on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus' business, please refer to the "Risk Factors" section of Sonus' most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
Jason Vancura, +1-978-614-8321
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sonus-session-border-controller-software-edition-named-2016-cloud-computing-security-excellence-award-winner-300363252.html
SOURCE Sonus Networks, Inc.