TACOMA, Wash., March 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Sound Physicians, a leading healthcare organization with a proven record of improving quality of care, patient satisfaction and financial performance for hospitals and post-acute facilities nationwide, will be presenting at Hospital Medicine 2016 in San Diego, CA from March 6-9, 2016. The Hospital Medicine conference is the premier educational hospital medicine event of the year, with more than 3,000 hospital medicine professionals in attendance.
Sound Physicians leaders presenting at Hospital Medicine 2016 include:
- Robert A. Bessler, MD, Chief Executive Officer and Founder - Value-Based Reimbursements: Moving from Fee for Service to Value-Based Purchasing and Bundled Payment Models (Presenting with Winthrop Whitcomb, MD, MHM and George Mitri, MD, FACP, SFHM March 8 from 2:50 - 4:05pm in room 14AB)
- Michael Kedansky, MD, FHM, Transitional Care, Chief Medical Officer - Optimizing Care for Complex Patients Across the Continuum (March 7 from 1:35 - 2:35pm PST in room 6DE)
- Evan Lenkowsky, DO, Program Medical Director - Hospital-Based Restrictive Blood Transfusion Program Proves to Be Effective in Reducing Healthcare Costs by Limiting Blood Usage (Abstract #372 presented March 7 between 5:30 - 7:30pm in Hall B1)
Sound Physicians colleagues will also be among those who are designated as a 2016 Fellow in Hospital Medicine for their ongoing commitment to hospital medicine. Sound Physicians is proud to recognize several of the 2016 designees:
- Scott Sears, MD, FACP, FHM
- Charles Charman, MD, FHM
- Shantnu Singh, MD, MBBS, FHM
- Rafael Teran, MD, FHM
- Anthony Zepeda, MD, FHM
Sound Physicians' commitment to improving quality and lowering the cost of healthcare has led to the addition of 36 new hospital partnerships since January 2015. This year marks the 15 year anniversary of Sound Physicians, which was founded as a hospitalist group and now manages patient care throughout the acute episode of care, from admission to 90 days post-discharge. To commemorate this 15 year anniversary milestone, Sound Physicians will be donating $15,000 to various charities to be chosen by attendees at Hospital Medicine 2016.
Robert A. Bessler, MD, Chief Executive Officer and Founder of Sound Physicians, commented, "Our colleagues embody our core values of quality, service, teamwork, integrity and innovation. I'm very proud of our colleagues' commitment to being leaders in hospital medicine."
About Sound Physicians
Founded in 2001, Sound Physicians is a leading healthcare organization with a proven track record of improving quality, satisfaction and financial performance for hospitals and post-acute facilities nationwide. Our patient-centered approach, web-based workflow platform, experienced leadership team and more than 2,000 hospitalist, intensivist and transitional care providers drive breakthrough results throughout the acute episode of care for nearly 300 hospitals and post-acute facilities in 33 states across the nation.
This press release was issued through 24-7PressRelease.com. For further information, visit http://www.24-7pressrelease.com.
SOURCE Sound Physicians