ATLANTA, June 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- In observation of National Wireless Safety Week which begins today, SouthernLINC Wireless, a Southern Company (NYSE: SO), is sharing tips for safer in-vehicle wireless phone use.
Sponsored by CTIA-The Wireless Association®, National Wireless Safety Week is an industry-wide, annual effort that encourages wireless phone users to make safety their first priority. SouthernLINC Wireless, a CTIA member, supports the association in this endeavor.
"Wireless phones not only help us be productive and stay in touch while on the go, but they can be one of the best tools for personal safety and security," said Bob Dawson, president and CEO of SouthernLINC Wireless. "However, it's up to each of us to use the technology responsibly and not let it become a distraction – especially while driving."
Above all, responsible wireless device use includes being aware of and obeying all state and local laws concerning mobile phone use while driving. In addition, SouthernLINC Wireless offers the following helpful hints from CTIA to remind wireless phone users that in-vehicle wireless safety should be every driver's most important call:
- Avoid stressful or emotional phone conversations while behind the wheel.
- Especially during bad weather and challenging traffic, cut calls in progress short, save outgoing calls for later and let incoming calls go to voice mail.
- Don't check for messages, read e-mail or text while driving. If it's too hard to resist the urge to check the phone, try putting it in the glove compartment or trunk before getting in the driver's seat.
- Place calls sensibly. Instead of trying to dial or look up numbers, learn how to use the voice dialing or speed dialing features of your phone.
- Use a hands-free device for comfort, convenience and to keep both hands on the wheel.
- Let voice mail do the work of a pen and paper. Ask callers to phone back and leave needed information in a voice mail message.
- Less experienced drivers – especially teenagers – should consider adopting an "On the Road, Off the Phone" philosophy to avoid the dangers of distracted driving.
About SouthernLINC Wireless
SouthernLINC Wireless, a Southern Company (NYSE: SO), is an Atlanta-based regional wireless carrier with network coverage in the major metro and rural areas of Alabama, Georgia, southeast Mississippi and northwest Florida. SouthernLINC Wireless bundles multiple communication options, including Push To Talk two-way radio, cellular service, text messaging, wireless Internet access and wireless data, into one hand-held device. For more information, please call 1-800-818-LINC (5462) or visit www.southernlinc.com.
About Southern Company
With 4.4 million customers and more than 42,000 megawatts of generating capacity, Atlanta-based Southern Company is the premier energy company serving the Southeast. A leading U.S. producer of electricity, Southern Company owns electric utilities in four states and a growing competitive generation company, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and retail electric prices that are below the national average. Southern Company is consistently listed among the top U.S. electric service providers in customer satisfaction by the American Customer Satisfaction Index. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
About CTIA–The Wireless Association
CTIA-The Wireless Association (www.ctia.org) is an international organization representing the wireless communications industry. Membership in the association includes wireless carriers and their suppliers, as well as providers and manufacturers of wireless data services and products. CTIA advocates on behalf of its members at all levels of government. The association also coordinates the industry's voluntary best practices and initiatives and sponsors the industry's leading wireless tradeshows. CTIA was founded in 1984 and is based in Washington, D.C.
SOURCE SouthernLINC Wireless