AUSTIN, Texas, Sept. 27, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- SparkCognition, a global artificial intelligence (AI) company, will host Time Machine on November 6th and 7th, 2018 in Austin, Texas. Time Machine brings together world-leading creative minds in technology, government, industry, and academia to debate the current and future opportunities for AI to impact society.
"We are living in the AI century—an era where innovative and powerful AI technologies will transform and shape every aspect of society. As leaders in artificial intelligence technology, we at SparkCognition realize the significance of discussing the global impact of AI. We feel it is our responsibility to facilitate those conversations," said Amir Husain, Founder and CEO of SparkCognition.
Time Machine 2018 is a global event and open to the public. Google Cloud is the Diamond Sponsor for the conference.
"At Time Machine, we explore the technology creating the future, address the existential questions surrounding these problems, and explore the potential of those technologies," said John King, VP of Marketing and Communications at SparkCognition and Producer of Time Machine. "Last year, Time Machine delivered forward-thinking conversations on AI, and we look forward to elevating the conference even more."
Time Machine 2018 will feature experts in technology, industry, and research, including:
- Amir Husain, Founder and CEO, SparkCognition; author of "The Sentient Machine: The Coming Age of Artificial Intelligence"
- Admiral Bobby R. Inman, USN (Ret.), Former Director, National Security Agency; Former Deputy Director, Central Intelligence Agency; Managing Director, Limestone Capital Advisors
- Dr. Heather Berlin, Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- João Beira, Founder and Creative Director, Datagrama
- Hugh Forrest, Chief Programming Officer, South by Southwest
- Tim Mueller-Sim, Co-Founder and CEO, Bloomfield Robotics
- Laetitia Garriott de Cayeux, Co-Founder, Global Space Ventures
- General John R. Allen, USMC (Ret.) Executive Board Member, SparkCognition
- Elsa Kania, Adjunct Fellow, Technology and National Security Program, Center for a New American Security
- Dr. Tasneem Zehra Husain, Theoretical Physicist (String Theorist) and author of "Only the Longest Threads"
- Anna Chaney, Data Scientist, IBM Watson Applied Research, IBM
- David Ignatius, Foreign Affairs Columnist, The Washington Post
- Col. Jennifer Sovada, Special Asst. to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance, United States Air Force
- Richard Garriott de Cayeux, Co-Founder and CEO, Portalarium
- Kaveh Waddell, Artificial Intelligence Reporter, Axios
- Darryl Willis, VP of Oil, Gas, and Energy, Google Cloud
- August Cole, Creative Foresight, SparkCognition; author of "Ghost Fleet: A Novel of the Next World War"
- Charlie Burgoyne, Founder and CEO, Valkyrie Intelligence
- Tom Jackson, Co-Founder and CEO, Locus Insights
- Ali Raza, Senior Vice President and Chief Digital Officer, Apergy
- Andy Rector, VP, Aviation Digital Services, GE Aviation
- Aric Zurek, Director, Aftermarket Products and Services, Flowserve Corporation
- Paul Browning, President and CEO, Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems America (MHPSA)
- Kimberly Ryan, Senior Human Systems Engineer, Draper
- Vishal Lall, Chief Strategy Officer, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Additional speakers will be joining the Time Machine 2018 lineup and will be announced in the coming weeks.
In December 2017, SparkCognition hosted its inaugural Time Machine event, hosting AI and industry luminaries including Dr. Greg Hyslop, CTO of Boeing; Moiz Kohari, SVP and Chief Technology Architect of State Street Corporation; Sivasankaran Somasundara, President and CEO of Apergy; Ben Wilson, Senior Technical Director at Google Cloud; Steve Nordlund, Vice President of Boeing HorizonX and Boeing NeXt; Dr. Peter Stone, David Bruton Jr. Centennial Professor of Computer Science at the University of Texas at Austin; Eric van Gemeren, Chief Transformation Officer at Flowserve Corporation; Richard Foster, Chair of the Presidents' Circle at the National Academy of Sciences; among many others.
To learn more about Time Machine 2018, visit www.timemachine.ai.
With award-winning machine learning technology, a multinational footprint, and expert teams focused on defense, IIoT, and finance, SparkCognition builds artificial intelligence systems to advance the most important interests of society. Our customers are trusted with protecting and advancing lives, infrastructure, and financial systems across the globe. They turn to SparkCognition to help them analyze complex data, empower decision making, and transform human and industrial productivity. With our leading edge artificial intelligence platforms, our clients can adapt to a rapidly changing digital landscape and accelerate their business strategies. Learn more about SparkCognition's AI applications and why we've been featured in CNBC's 2017 Disruptor 50, and recognized two years in a row on CB Insights AI 100, by visiting www.sparkcognition.com.
For Media Inquiries: