KLEVE, Germany, June 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- SPECTRO Analytical Instruments today introduced two new SPECTROLAB Arc/Spark optical emission spectrometers for high-performance metal analysis.
The new SPECTROLAB metal analyzers deliver ultrahigh speed of measurement, ultralow limits of detection, ultimate elemental flexibility, spectacular stability, and affordable cost of ownership to set new standards for elemental analysis in metals industry research and development (R&D) and process/quality control.
The new hybrid SPECTROLAB metal analyzer combines analog photomultiplier tube (PMT) detectors with digital charge coupled device (CCD) technology for ultra-accurate simultaneous measurements in R&D, trace metal measurement, and precious metals analysis.
The new breakthrough all-CCD technology SPECTROLAB spectrometer for metal analysis provides outstanding speed, accuracy, and flexibility for process control and QC of fabricated and finished goods.
Features of both new high-performance metal analyzers include:
- Spectacular stability without compromise. Unlike conventional models, SPECTROLAB's sealed, no-purge optical system maximizes light transmission stability, even in the far UV; its software utilizes sophisticated online drift correction measures; and its optimum correlation between analytical and reference lines provides the most stable measurement approach possible.
- Ultralow limits of detection with improved background correction. Depending on application and analytes, SPECTROLAB can easily ascertain trace values in single parts per million (ppm).
- Ultrahigh speed of measurement. The coupling of a high-energy plasma generator with SPECTRO's unique dynamic pre-burn process delivers a lightning fast setup, accelerated sample throughput, and extremely low time to measurement in many applications.
- Ultimate elemental flexibility, in most cases eliminating hardware reconfigurations. An optional software-extendable configuration enables changes to the elemental setup without requiring calibration.
- Affordable cost of ownership. iCAL logic saves not only time but also cost for standardization samples. UV-PLUS purification eliminates expensive argon purging or vacuum pumps. Component relocations, advanced diagnostics, and other improvements ease maintenance and prevent downtime.
- Excellent ease of use with a new user interface and new application profiles that are tailored to predetermined user requirements.
Both new SPECTROLAB high-performance OES spectrometers for metal analysis are immediately available from SPECTRO Analytical Instruments. For more information, visit http://www.spectro.com/lab or email [email protected].
In addition, join the live webinar broadcast, "Metalmorphosis: Sparking a Revolution in High Performance Metal Analysis" on July 16, 2015, at 1:30 p.m. EDT. Register now at: http://oes.spectro.com/spectrolab/webinar.
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments is a leading global supplier of analytical instruments employing X-ray fluorescence, Arc/Spark, ICP-OES, and ICP-MS technology for the elemental analysis of materials in industry, research, and academia.
SPECTRO, a unit of the Materials Analysis Division of AMETEK, Inc., manufactures advanced instruments, develops the best solutions for elemental analysis for a broad range of applications, and provides exemplary customer service.
SPECTRO's products are known for their superior technical capabilities that deliver measureable benefits to the customer. From its foundation in 1979 until today, more than 30,000 analytical instruments have been delivered to customers around the world.
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical products with more than 15,000 colleagues at nearly 150 operating locations and sales and service operations in the United States and 30 other countries around the world.
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
Mark Grey - http://www.profnetconnect.com/markgrey1
SOURCE SPECTRO Analytical Instruments