IRVINE, Calif., March 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- California-based Spectrum Wine Auctions announced today highlights from its first Hong Kong sale of the year, to take place on March 23 and 24, 2012 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel, Hong Kong.
The Spring 2012 Auction will feature 1,816 lots of rare and collectible wines with a pre-sale estimate of more than US$5 million (HK$38,793,500). Richard Brierley, head of fine wine at Vanquish Ltd., will preside as auctioneer over an assemblage that includes 176 lots of Domaine de la Romanee-Conti (estimated at over US$1.2M;HK$9,300,000), 223 lots of first-growth Bordeaux (estimated at more than US$1M;HK$7,750,000), as well as large quantities of ex-Chateau Mouton Rothschild 1986, Chateau d'Yquem and Antinori Solaia in a full range of formats including 750ml, 1.5L, 3L and 5L.
One of the major collections of the auction, "The Golden Dragon Collection," comes from a prominent West Coast American collector. The roster of producers in this offering reads like a veritable "who's who" of France's Burgundy and Rhone Valley regions and includes such luminaries as Henri Bonneau, E. Guigal, Domaine Denis Bachelet, Domaine Dujac, Domaine Jean-Marie Fourrier, Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Domaine J-F Mugnier, Domaine Ponsot, Domaine Georges Roumier, Domaine Armand Rousseau, Domaine Coche-Dury and Domaine Leflaive, as well as the renowned Domaine de la Romanee-Conti. Other noteworthy collections include the "Legacy Collection," the "Empire State Collection," the "Rocky Mountain Collection," and the "Laguna Beach Collection," all of which encompass a superb selection of conscientiously cellared rarities from France's Bordeaux, Burgundy and Rhone Valley regions.
Highlights from "The Spring 2012 Auction" include:
- Lot 2186: full case (12 bottles, 750ml) Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Assortment Case 1990 in original wooden case (estimate US$45,000; HK$348,750)
- Lot 2171: eight bottles (750ml) Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Romanee Conti vertical 1989-2004 (estimate US$75,000; HK$581,250)
- Lot 2184: full case (12 bottles, 750ml) Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Assortment Case 1999 in original wooden case (estimate US$40,000; HK$310,000)
- Lot 1769: full case (12 bottles, 750ml) Chateau Latour 1931 (estimate US$30,000; HK$232,500)
- Lot 2106: 11 bottles (750ml) Domaine de la Romanee-Conti La Tache 1999 (estimate US$35,000; HK$271,250)
- Lot 1897: full case (12 bottles,750ml) Leroy La Romanee 1962 (estimate US$30,000; HK$232,500)
- Lot 1679: one bottle (750ml) Chateau Lafite Rothschild 1869 (estimate US$22,500; HK$174,375)
- Lot 2182 & 2183: full case (12 bottles, 750ml) Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Assortment Case 2000 in original wooden case (estimate US$25,000; HK$193,750)
- Lot 1779: full case (12 bottles, 750ml) Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Richebourg 1999 (estimate US$22,500; HK$174,375)
Total lots: 1,816
Pre-sale estimate: more than US$5 million (HK$38,793,500)
Interested buyers may preview 360-degree photographs of bottles from each lot prior to the sale and may request a complimentary catalog at www.spectrumwine.com or by calling 949-748-4845. In addition to attending the auction in person, bidders may also use Spectrum Wine Auctions' fully-integrated real-time bidding software system online, which offers secure transactions and live streaming audio and video of the auction floor. Bids are also accepted via mail and fax before the sale, and arrangements may be made for live phone bidding.
- Americas: Amanda Keston +1 949 748 4845
- Asia: Powell Yang +1 949 748 4845
Spectrum Wine Auctions Upcoming Live Auction Calendar:
- The Summer 2012 Auction, June 22 and 23, 2012, Hong Kong
For more information please contact
Amanda Keston on: [email protected] or call +1 949 748 4845
SOURCE Spectrum Wine Auctions