10 Mar, 2022, 15:45 ET
DUBLIN, March 10, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Sports Global Market Report 2022, By Type, Revenue Source, Ownership" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global sports market as it emerges from the Covid 19 shut down.
The global sports market is expected to grow from $354.96 billion in 2021 to $501.43 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 41.3%.
The growth is mainly due to the companies rearranging their operations and recovering from the COVID-19 impact, which had earlier led to restrictive containment measures involving social distancing, remote working, and the closure of commercial activities that resulted in operational challenges. The market is expected to reach $707.84 billion in 2026 at a CAGR of 9%.
Reasons to Purchase
- Gain a truly global perspective with the most comprehensive report available on this market covering 50+ geographies.
- Understand how the market is being affected by the coronavirus and how it is likely to emerge and grow as the impact of the virus abates.
- Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
- Identify growth segments for investment.
- Outperform competitors using forecast data and the drivers and trends shaping the market.
- Understand customers based on the latest market research findings.
- Benchmark performance against key competitors.
- Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
- Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for the sports? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The Sports market global report answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market's historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider sports market, and compares it with other markets.
- The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
- The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market, the impact of the Covid 19 virus and forecasting its recovery.
- Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
- The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers the impact and recovery trajectory of Covid 19 for all regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets.
- Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
- The trends and strategies section analyses the shape of the market as it emerges from the crisis and suggests how companies can grow as the market recovers.
- The sports market section of the report gives context. It compares the sports market with other segments of the recreation market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses GDP proportion, expenditure per capita, sports indicators comparison.
Major companies in the market include Maruhan, Life Time Fitness, Inc., Liberty Media Corporation, Futbol Club Barcelona, Dallas Cowboys, Heiwa Corporation, Manchester City F.C., New York Yankees, Manchester United Football Club and Juventus.
The sports market consists of sales of sports services and related goods by entities (organizations, sole traders and partnerships) that provide live sporting events before a paying audience or entities that operate golf courses and country clubs, skiing facilities, marinas, fitness and recreational sports centers, and bowling centers.
The main types of sports are spectator sports and participatory sports. Spectator sports include the presentation of sporting events by teams and clubs or independent athletes. The various sources of revenue are media rights, merchandising, tickets, sponsorship and involves different ownerships including chained, standalone.
North America was the largest region in the sports market in 2021. Africa is expected to be the fastest-growing region in the forecast period. The regions covered in the sports market are Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East and Africa.
The market is expected to benefit from steady economic growth forecasted for many developed and developing countries. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) stated that the global real GDP growth was 3.7% over 2019 and 2020, and 3.6% from 2021 to 2023. Recovering commodity prices further expected to be a significant factor driving economic growth. The US economy is expected to register stable growth during the forecast period. Additionally, emerging markets are expected to continue to grow slightly faster than the developed markets in the forecast period. For instance, India's GDP is grew by 7.3%, whereas China is registered GDP growth of 6.2% in 2019. This continued economic growth is expected to drive the demand for sports.
The outbreak of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has acted as a massive restraint on the sports market in 2020 as governments globally imposed lockdowns and restricted domestic and international travel limiting the need for services offered by these establishments. COVID 19 is an infectious disease with flu-like symptoms including fever, cough, and difficulty in breathing. The virus was first identified in 2019 in Wuhan, Hubei province of the People's Republic of China and spread globally including Western Europe, North America and Asia. Steps by national governments to contain the transmission have resulted in closure of recreational facilities with countries entering a state of 'lock down' and the outbreak had a negative impact on businesses throughout 2020 and into 2021. However, it is expected that the sports market will recover from the shock across the forecast period as it is a 'black swan' event and not related to ongoing or fundamental weaknesses in the market or the global economy.
Sports organizers are implementing virtual reality (VR) technology to improve the spectators' experience in sporting events. Virtual reality generates images, sounds and other sensations that simulate a physical presence in an imaginary environment. Clubs and teams are experimenting with simulated and 360-degree environments to enhance the match viewing experience of the spectators by allowing them to have a virtual walkthrough of the stadium or the race track and view the match at different angles. For instance, the NBA game between the Sacramento Kings and San Antonio Spurs was broadcasted in VR. NASCAR has created an interactive fan area at the race tracks with the implementation of virtual reality.
The countries covered in the sports market are Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, UK, USA, Venezuela and Vietnam.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Report Structure
3. Sports Market Characteristics
3.1. Market Definition
3.2. Key Segmentations
4. Sports Market Product Analysis
4.1. Leading Products/ Services
4.2. Key Features and Differentiators
4.3. Development Products
5. Sports Market Supply Chain
5.1. Supply Chain
5.3. End Customers
6. Sports Market Customer Information
6.1. Customer Preferences
6.2. End Use Market Size and Growth
7. Sports Market Trends And Strategies
8. Impact Of COVID-19 On Sports
9. Sports Market Size And Growth
9.1. Market Size
9.2. Historic Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
9.2.1. Drivers Of The Market
9.2.2. Restraints On The Market
9.3. Forecast Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
9.3.1. Drivers Of The Market
9.3.2. Restraints On The Market
10. Sports Market Regional Analysis
10.1. Global Sports Market, 2021, By Region, Value ($ Billion)
10.2. Global Sports Market, 2016-2021, 2021-2026F, 2031F, Historic And Forecast, By Region
10.3. Global Sports Market, Growth And Market Share Comparison, By Region
11. Sports Market Segmentation
11.1. Global Sports Market, Segmentation By Type, Historic and Forecast, 2016-2021, 2021-2026F, 2031F, $ Billion
11.2. Global Sports Market, Segmentation By Revenue Source, Historic and Forecast, 2016-2021, 2021-2026F, 2031F, $ Billion
11.3. Global Sports Market, Segmentation By Ownership, Historic and Forecast, 2016-2021, 2021-2026F, 2031F, $ Billion
12. Sports Market Segments
12.1. Global Spectator Sports Market, Segmentation By Type, 2016-2021, 2021-2026F, 2031F, Value ($ Billion) - Sports Team & Clubs; Racing & Individual Sports
12.2. Global Participatory Sports Market, Segmentation By Type, 2016-2021, 2021-2026F, 2031F, Value ($ Billion) - Golf Courses And Country Clubs; Skiing Facilities; Marinas; Fitness And Recreational Sports Centers; Bowling Centers; Other Participatory Sports
13. Sports Market Metrics
13.1. Sports Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, 2016-2026, Global
13.2. Per Capita Average Sports Market Expenditure, 2016-2026, Global
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/qw8lp2
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets
Share this article