BETHESDA, Md., June 29 /PRNewswire/ -- An independent survey released today shows that despite perception of email and social media taking over everyday lives, the majority of vacationing Americans are actually unplugging from email and social media to spend quality time with friends and family. In addition, a quarter of traveling Americans agreed that the one daily routine they could not go without is prayer. The online survey polled 1,000 consumers and was conducted by TNS, an independent research company, and commissioned by SpringHill Suites, Marriott International's all-suite brand.
Key survey findings include:
- Americans Unplug from Smartphones on Vacation: Only 17 percent of Americans say they cannot go without checking email or a smartphone while on vacation.
- Social Media Usage Down While Americans Take Vacation: Over half of those surveyed who use social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter regularly do not log on while on their personal getaways; and of those who are accessing social media on vacation, two in three use it only once or twice a week.
- Praying a Must-Do for Many Vacationing Americans: Ranking highest on daily routines Americans cannot go without is prayer with more than one in four Americans saying they pray while on vacation. Prayer also gets Americans who fear flying through their pre-flight jitters as nearly one-third of them turn to a higher power to calm their fears.
- Americans are Happiest when Traveling with Spouses and Significant Others: The majority of those surveyed (67 percent), when given the chance to travel with anyone, preferred traveling with their spouses, partners or significant others, and a near majority (48 percent) report that their most enjoyable vacation ever was with their spouse, partner or significant other.
- Connecting with People is the Top American Travel Priority: Nearly 60 percent of Americans plan to take a vacation in the next year to reconnect with family, relatives and friends.
- Parents Enjoy Getting Away with Kids: 75 percent of the surveyed parents say they find vacationing more enjoyable when they have their kids along.
"SpringHill Suites offers stylish and fun space that allows guests to relax and explore. Our leisure guests often use our hotels as base for family visits, weddings and reunions," said Marsha Scarbrough, vice president and global brand manager for SpringHill Suites. "With summer travel underway, this survey demonstrates positive attitudes of most American travelers to disconnect from work and the internet, reconnect personally with friends and create new and lasting experiences."
About SpringHill Suites
SpringHill Suites is ideal for business and leisure travelers who look for style and inspiration in their stay. Featuring suites larger than traditional hotel rooms, SpringHill Suites makes it easy for guests to spread out and fully enjoy their space. Launched in November 1998, the brand currently has more than 250 locations in the United States and Canada. SpringHill Suites along with over 3,100 Marriott-affiliated hotels worldwide, participate in Marriott Rewards, the guest reward program that allows its over 30 million members to earn points or airline miles for each dollar spent during each stay.
For more information, visit www.spacetoinspire.com
TNS, which recently merged with Research International, is the world's largest custom research agency delivering actionable insights and research-based business advice to its clients so they can make more effective business decisions. TNS offers comprehensive industry knowledge within the Consumer, Technology, Finance, Automotive and Political & Social sectors, supported by a unique product offering that stretches across the entire range of marketing and business issues, specializing in product development & innovation, brand & communication, stakeholder management, retail & shopper, and qualitative research. Delivering best-in-class service across more than 75 countries, TNS is part of Kantar, the world's largest research, insight and consultancy network. Please visit www.tns-us.com for more information.
SOURCE Marriott International